Leather Blessing Banner

I found this stencil in the clearance section today and rummaged through my scraps a little while ago and voila! Anyone else love coffee (and leather scraps) as much as I do?

I brushed instead of blotted when I did the young wild & free stencil and it didn’t turn out so great so I’ll have to try again with that one.

6 Likes

I like coffee! I like leather! Those turned out great.
For the second, whenever I stencil & the edges aren’t as crisp as I’d like, I’ve found painting around the edge with a very fine brush in black or white can create a terrific frame for the shapes.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s a great idea. It hit me afterwards that I probably could have used a wet q-tip to clean up the edges.

Depending on the paint and leather finish, you may be able to remove some of it with solvent, alcohol, oil… Test on scrap and see?

1 Like

These are really cool and unique.

1 Like

That is way cool! I would have never thought to do something like that. Awesome!

Cool technique!

Super fun! I love how inventive you are with your leather scraps.

Would a repositionable spray adhesive work on leather to help keep your stencil from bleeding in the future?

Thanks for the tip! The stencil has an adhesive on the back. I really think it was because I used a regular paint brush instead of a stencil brush.

1 Like