Leisure Suit Loopy

Yup, “Leisure Suit Loopy”, that’s what Mr Loops calls me when I wear this (as I am today as I post this!)

I of course prefer to call it loooooounge wear, or everyday clothes since we barely ever leave the house these days except to walk Rosie! :mask: :dog:

And yes, I am drinking wine… in the morning… in my looooounge wear :wink:

I saw this fabric in I think June and I HAD to order it to make some snuggly pjs or something despite it being super hot at the time, lol. And finally today it’s got cool enough to enjoy, yey, it’s soooo soft and snuggly and comfy, double yey.

I did cut the pattern pieces to waste as little fabric as possible, so the naps don’t match on the back and front… but I don’t care! :crazy_face:

And finally… arty shot of the fabric dimples that Mr Loops made me include.

:boom: Fabric:
I used lilac dimple fleece from Pound Fabrics but they don’t have it anymore cos they sell out of the cute fabrics pretty fast, but I’ve seen it around all over the place

:boom: Pattern:
I used the Teen Spirit pattern by George & Ginger for the top, it’s one of my fave top patterns (I’ve made it at least 5 times now I think), plus it comes with a hood but I didn’t have enough fabric for that, bah!! And I used the SOS Knit Pants pattern by Patterns for Pirates for the trousers, which is a great pattern (I’ve used it once before) but perhaps wasn’t the best choice for these just because it’s more of a [stretch] jeans type pattern with a yoke on the back and such, so next time I would prob use just a wide-leg trouser or pj pants pattern.

See ya next time! :sunglasses:
Loops xx

13 Likes

My DIL sent me a baby quilt to finish off and the backing was the same Minky. A bear to quilt with, I ended up paying someone to quilt it, but it came out soooo cute. there were a lot of extra bits from the edges and I’ve used it for little baby stuff, kitten blankets (we foster kittens several times a year).

You look so comfortable and adorable. and yes, wear what you want at home. That’s what home is for!!!

1 Like

Super cute! For some reason it never occurred to me to use Minky-type fabric for loooooounge wear, but that’s genius!

Please tell Rosie that I love her and would be utterly charmed to meet her in person.

1 Like

I’ve seen fabric like that at JoAnn’s, it’s always sooooo soft. I can imagine how comfy this outfit is!

1 Like

My cat steals any piece of Minky he can get his teeth into. He’s pulled it from top shelves, out of boxes, from hidden places (to me, nothing is hidden from a cat). He drags them all over the house. I swear he even opens rubbermaid tubs to get at the stuff…in a closed off room.

3 Likes

It looks so comfy! Of course, you look adorable in it.

1 Like

Oh, minky fabrics are super! I’ve always seen them used for plushies and blankies…but your use of it for lounge wear is awesome! You totally rocked this :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks so comfy, it just made me smile when I saw it. Love the color. And Rosie looks happy to keep you company.

1 Like

I promise you will wear it every day until April. And I know, because I made a dress out of it last year: Minky dress

1 Like

@Immaculata Oh wow, I love that, must have minky dress!!! …off to source more minky…

@TheMistressT Lol, Rosie would love that, she always has to have ALL the attention! :wink:

@MegAskunk I think I might have to make some matching snuggly socks with the leftover scraps, lol :smiley:

@marionberries :rofl:

1 Like

You are the cutest in this outfit!

1 Like

I agree…I love minky but don’t like to sew it much…it is so soft! The dimples are such a nice feel, too…I bet you could get away with wearing the top out…it is so cute!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Leisure Suit Loopy is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

That photo of you in your looooounge wear with Rosie and your Morning Wine is EVERYTHING. I think we could be friends.

1 Like

They looks so comfy and I love the color!

1 Like

@kittykill Oh yey, thank you so much! :smiley: :wine_glass:

@racky Awesomes!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Grab a glass, put your leisure suit on and prepare for Rosie to try and lick your skin off, rofl!!

2 Likes

Ooh, this looks so soft and comfy! And way to make it work, regardless of nap.

1 Like

That does look comfy :smiley: Great job on not wasting any of it :smiley:

1 Like

You do you Boo. You do you. :purple_heart:

1 Like

That fabric looks soooo comfy.

1 Like