Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Beautiful …I just remarked to Jenn that it is nice to see the art lessons applied to other projects as well! A fabulous blending!

3 Likes

Love the mixed media!

1 Like

LOVE! :heart:

1 Like

I love this. It evokes exactly what you were going for, I felt it immediately before reading a word of your post.

It would look magical in a small (maybe rectangular?) frame that feels like a window frame and hung inside a bookshelf like a window to a fairy realm.

3 Likes

Ooo! I love this! I wasn’t thinking square but that’s perfect!

1 Like

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Hi everyone,

I am going to be traveling the end of the month for both work and pleasure (first one, then the other), so I’m not going to be at my computer to update on the 1st of the month. Since we are a little light on entries anyway, I’m going to go ahead and extend the deadline for your September stitch to Monday, October 3rd. I’ll do the drawing and announce our winner (and new theme!) on that day. Any questions or concerns, let me know!

8 Likes

:star: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time! :thread: :sewing_needle: :star:

Thanks all for a couple extra days of patience! We had 2 stitch entries this month, and @steiconi also entered her stitch in the Equinox Challenge. Since I don’t want to disqualify her from winning something there, by default, our winner this month is @Abbeeroad, who is the lucky recipient of the Lettuce Craft cross stitch by @marionberries! (I’m so excited!) :slight_smile:

Our October prize is donated by the wonderful @AIMR. She’s donated an adorable little needle book/pincushion!! How cute is this?!

And last but not least, our theme for October will be…The Five Senses! Fall is great for steaming mugs (or cauldrons) that smell of spices and feel warm your fingers; for hearing crunching leaves underfoot; for peeping colorful swaths of reds, oranges, and yellows…let your senses run wild!

13 Likes

Good call, thanks!
And congratulations!

2 Likes

Huzzah! Winner & a new theme! :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I’m working on the prize for the October Stitchalong!

I’ve made some modifications and will be adding a few surprises as well…hope everyone is stitching up something this month! I have an idea and will be starting after I finish stitching the prize!

4 Likes

@Abbeeroad send me your mailing info so I cand send your prize. Congrats!

1 Like

I updated the announcement with the actual needlebook prize from @AIMR! She made it with a built-in pincushion!

1 Like

This doesn’t really fit into this month’s theme, but it does have orange, which is one of my favorite fall colors!

After I finish the back, I will add it to my wall of cat/book themed hoops in my library/bedroom.

I had to dig into my Halloween ribbon stash to find orange ribbon to finish the hoop. Time for a shopping trip to get more ribbon!

14 Likes

It’s so cool! I love the colors of the cats! How did you do that?

I think it fits the theme perfectly! They are warm and cozy all snuggled together like that. And fuzzy too! I think this hits touch from all the angles!

2 Likes

Sweet kitties!

1 Like

It is one of those preprinted embroidery things that Spoonflower sells for $3-$5 dollars. They have several designs…all you have to do is embellish the way you want! I made it real simple…just outlined the cats!

3 Likes

I received my prize from @marionberries today!! Loved the packaging!

And she not only sent the wonderful cross stitch (love your hooping technique!) but also one of her wonderful scrappy heart rugs! :heart_eyes:

Oh yes, and snap bracelets that my kids immediately stole. I snagged one for the pic. :wink:

Thank you so much Carol!!! :star_struck:

11 Likes

I knew the snap bracelets were goung to be a hit. I have a bunch from a project idea that did not fly.

Glad you love the prixe!

3 Likes

What an awesome prize package!!

I love my heart coaster…I use it everyday! It’s right up your alley, too, @Abbeeroad !

2 Likes

Everyone’s creative work is so fabulous! You all inspire me to get stitching :sparkling_heart: All my stitching stuff is still with the moving company en route to us, but hopefully it’s not many more weeks before I can join in again!

4 Likes