Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

I had an idea for April but didn’t manage to make it happen, too many things on the go at once. But I love looking at all your amazing work!

@lindyv321 the vivacious llama is simply gorgeous!!
@kittykill the pink poodles are so sweet, the vintage style is wonderful!
@Abbeeroad your alien libation is hilarious! Great stitching, and congratulations!

I’m going to try to get something :rainbow: stitched in May.

3 Likes

It’s the best!! A solid stand-by.

Love the rainbow prompt!! Perfect for May!

AH! I’m so excited!!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Congratulations @Abbeeroad!

3 Likes

Congratulations @Abbeeroad ! I missed last month but hopefully I will be able to stitch something this month.

2 Likes

Congrats, @Abbeeroad!!!

3 Likes

Congratulations @Abbeeroad

I’ve got an idea for this month!!

1 Like

After reading about people putting rainbows in their windows to provide cheer for passersby, last week I decided to make a rainbow bunting to string across the palm trees outside my building, and yesterday (May 1) I hung the 36 foot, 44 pennant strand (29 single rainbow prints with several dual-colored flags at both ends):

.Bunting 2

Unfortunately, my landlord, who is trying to get me to move without following what he is legally required to do to force me out, happened to be at the property yesterday while I was hanging it. Today (May 2) a woman who has often been here with him (significant other? business partner?) and another man removed a tree at one corner of the front yard. When they finished putting the remains into a truck the bunting was missing. Went outside hoping it was on the ground but it was not to be seen. I asked the woman where it was and she angrily answered that she didn’t know what I was talking about. I asked a few more times and she gave the same reply, then started asking who I was and where I lived and we had several rounds of me saying, “Right here” and her repeating the question. Then she starting a loud litany of, “Do you pay rent?” which she wouldn’t let me answer, and that turned into, “When was the last time you paid rent?” over and over and over before I could get more than a syllable out. (Infofacts: The landlord is suing me, having lied in his Complaint about what he claims allows him to do so. He returned my last two rent payments with a note saying he couldn’t accept them because of the lawsuit and I have not sent another check since, which my lawyers said was appropriate.) Eventually she drove off, yelling out her truck window to neighbors that I was refusing to pay rent.

I gave the trash bins a hopeful look but no, my bunting is gone for good.

My apologies for blah-ing all that at you but I had been excited to post this – had been wanting an excuse to make bunting for a while and it made the people who did get to see it smile – and now am so sad that I didn’t feel like posting it at all. But it was up so briefly and I really wanted it to be seen a little more. Thanks for the indulgence.

PS – A neighbor suggested I file a police report for theft and harassment, which I’m going to look into doing.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry @waterbaby, the bunting is gorgeous. What a terrible situation with your landlord. I would certainly file a police report and inform your lawyer. Since you are already in a legal dispute with him, this sounds like a visit with no other purpose but to scare you. I think the court would really like to know that he doesn’t just lie to them in a complaint but also harasses his tenants and steals their property. Was there even a need to cut down the tree or do you think he just did that to ruin your bunting?

2 Likes

The bunting looks so cheerful. Such a shame that some people are so mean and spoil things for everyone.
I second the notion of reporting the theft. I kinda hope that, when they go to speak to your landlord and this female, your bunting is outside their property. Doubt it will be but would be good.
Your lawyer needs to know about this incident as well. There may not be proof of who took the bunting but this was definitely harassment and like @Immaculata said, the courts need to know about it.

Don’t let them get you down - keep on crafting. Maybe make a smaller bunting to go in your window, to say they won’t get you down, if nothing else.

2 Likes

There are some seriously ugly people in the world…I love your bunting…at least we here got to see it and maybe a few lucky people in your neighborhood…

Anyone who hates a rainbow is not a person I want to even be in the same room with…ugh

To offset that horrid person, I had to take my car into an auto shop because I got a flat tire. I was there for a little over 45 minutes, which was ok, since I could sit outside and work on a project. They were all practicing SD and most of the mechanics were wearing masks, especially when they came to talk to you. They also had shields up around the reception area when customers came and stood on the X’s on the floor. I went up to pay and the manager said it was no charge…he said they cleaned the rim, sealed around the tire, refilled it. I said I wanted to pay for the time at least, but he said, no, he wanted us to be customers when we needed other work…I almost cried. There are good people in this world…

8 Likes

Your bunting is fab and I’m sorry it was removed/stolen. Some people are just trash!

2 Likes

Check out the awesomeness I received from @kittykill today!! I would have been over the moon to receive one of these things! What a box of awesome - thank you!!

9 Likes

Sweet!

1 Like

Here is my rainbow offering for the month :rainbow:

16 Likes

What a cool idea!

2 Likes

I love this one!

2 Likes

I love this! It is adorable.

2 Likes

Love it!!! Put a smile on my face for sure. :smile:

2 Likes

I stitched some rainbow jellyfish for a swap in April, so not posting to win a prize, just to share my rainbow. I also couldn’t get a hoop due to stores being closed so had to improvise.

10 Likes

I love the jellies! What did you improvise your hoop out of? Because it looks perfect!

I’ve been lurking and feeling overwhelmed, but I’m gonna try to get a hoop done this month. Some friends dragged me into the Steotchalone so I tried out cross-stitching, and now I’m itchin’ to be stitchin’ embroidery again. :grin:

2 Likes