Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

This poor camper has been sitting abandoned this last month. It’s spring and so much to do!

9 Likes

Announcement Time!
The winner for May is @seeuudee! Congrats!
The theme for June is Under the Sea. Let’s all take a journey under the sea (are you singing the song now?). Mermaids, angler fish, JAWS! Create an underwater adventure with your stitching.

As always, same rules apply. You have until the end of the month to get y

9 Likes

Woohoo!! Congrats @seeuudee! Well deserved.

2 Likes

Not only a neat idea, it sparked a great discussion of color!
Congratulations!

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I love the textures, such a tactile piece :smiley:

1 Like

It’s been FAR too long since I stitched something for the stitchalong. I keep making plans and then over committing. So I decided to just do it - I stitched this little jellyfish yesterday.

It’s from a free DMC pattern, adapted a bit. It was so nice to snuggle up on the couch and stitch on a miserable cold and wet day :smile:

15 Likes

What a cutie!! I love how part of the tentacles look “braided.”

4 Likes

Agreed! The mix of stitch textures for the tentacles looks wonderfully organic. Sometimes you just need that little stitching break. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I followed @jemimah’s lead and jumped into a smaller stitch for this one. I decided to do a sting ray since they are always my favorite sea creature to see.

15 Likes

Ooo, I love that stingray @Abbeeroad! The background fabric is gorgeous too!

1 Like

Gorgeous jelly and ray!
Hopefully, we leave on vacation Tuesday; I won’t be tied up with getting ready, and I can do some stitching! Already packed supplies, have no idea what to stitch.
Would love to do something related to our trip. I wonder if there’s an ocean in Utah.

1 Like

This is such a great topic! There are so many wonderful creatures under the sea. I have been looking at this thread and thought that I should join… And now I don’t have any reason not too! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is stunning!!! I love the different fabrics you picked for his top and bottom; it makes it whimsical while still clearly giving us a picture of what the actual animal looks like. And all your precious knots!!! I love this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Lovely job! And is might just be a happy coincidence, but the darker part of the background looks like shadow! I think the entire piece is creative!

2 Likes

There was an ocean on Utah in the late cretaceous period! Maybe there’s some cool fossils. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about!

1 Like

I’m making progress. Researched in Utah, confirmed on internet. Drew out plan. Selected materials. Measured form. Cut fabric. Ready to stitch!
Aauuuggghhh!!!
What have I done with my needle book? It’s not in my embroidery bag, suitcase, or purse. Did I leave it in last night’s hotel, five hours away? Hopefully it’s in the camper, will check after dinner.

Not in the camper! But I turned my suitcase upside down, and there it was.
After rushing to get everything in the camper in three hours, we’ve spent the next five days looking and looking for stuff.

3 Likes

I love that you brought your embroidery stuff on vacation! :fist:

1 Like

That stingray is wonderful @Abbeeroad!! I’m looking forward to seeing what you create @steiconi :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like