Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

@AIMR I love your kitties. That back kitty (both) geys around. Love all of them.

2 Likes

I spent a lot of time on this, a firefly to represent my favorite thing about Minnesota. I appliqued, then embroidered, and it looks awful!

I realized that I didn’t care what a firefly looks like up close, it was the tiny dancing lights that enchanted me. 15 minutes gave me what I really wanted:

8 Likes

Announcement Time!
The winner for November is @AIMR! Congrats!

The theme for December is: Winter is Coming. What do you love about winter? Watching the snow fall while you are snuggly inside? Swooshing down the alpine slopes? Maybe your idea of winter is escaping the cold and enjoying a tropical vacation. Stitch up what you love about winter (holidays, snow, palm trees or cactus covered in twinkling lights).

The same rules as always apply.

8 Likes

Excellent! It fits perfectly with what I want to make!
Now to find the time…

1 Like

Winter is coming. For 6 years I have been covering the mesh back of my extremely comfortable office chair in winter with a towel or throw. The mesh is wonderful in summer, cool and breezy, but winter’s chill leaks through. The throw would need constant adjusting.
When digging through my stash for some contrast fleece, I saw this scrap of quilted fabric. Just enough, with trimming, for a chair back. And pretty.
The hardest part was figuring out the fit and how to anchor it. But it was a quick sew and a few ties on the back did it. Stayed in place all week.

10 Likes

Awesome solution! I love how bright and cheerful it is.

Cozy!
I need to rework my chair cover. It’s a one piece, probably needs to be two.

1 Like

Ooo. I love winter. Hopefully I can find time this month to stitch!

Love the seat cover @marionberries!

2 Likes

Whew! Just finished this up.

13 Likes

Sweet!
I know what I’m going to do, I…just…need…time.

1 Like

I am working on my entry! I look forward to a solo holiday tomorrow, lots of embroidery time & only interruption is a quick trip out to pick up Christmas dinner - soup dumplings from a favorite restaurant!

3 Likes

Man, I’m at my brother’s house, and I forgot to bring my embroidery supplies.
I’ll have to interact with relatives instead. :frowning:

4 Likes

Oooooh no :open_mouth:

My Christmas is much the same as @Camelama . Mr Imma is working today and I’m watching films, listening to music, reading books and crafting. A perfect Christmas if you ask me! Everyone feels sorry for me but I don’t mind at all.

This is what I’m stitching for the SAL:

I just want to bake and watch Christmas movies!

11 Likes

I am really enjoying the no-stress holiday! The cats & I will open presents soon. I just had waffles for breakfast & am slowly drinking a pot of tea while stitching.

6 Likes

Here’s my finished piece for December!

From Cross Stitcher magazine. I want to finish into a wall hanging before next Christmas.

15 Likes

There’s my holiday philosophy in a nutshell! :joy:

1 Like

Epic pieces you guys! Awesome for the season.

1 Like

When we lived on the Big Island of Hawaii, I was always thrilled to see snow on Mauna Kea while hibiscus bloomed and tangerines were ripe for picking. In the winter!

12 Likes

Beautiful! As always. You’ve lived in and visited so many places!

1 Like

So super cool!

1 Like