Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

Well, I love that idea best of all tbh. It’s very no fuss, no muss & thoroughly desirable.

3 Likes

Yes, we are definitely continuing that! That was @steiconi’s idea.

2 Likes

Ok I just woke up so have not read the whole thread about prizes, so forgive me if I repeat a suggestion. When I first was on the other place, I was always lurking, sometimes particpating in the quiltalong. @MareMare ran it at that time and I remember getting a ziplock bag of fabric scrap pieces from her stash as a prize.

I’m all for scoring some craftalong appropriate stash rather than a giftcard, although I apprecaite giftcards don’t have postage attached to them.

Now to go back and read that someone else already said that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I appreciate your un-influenced feedback! :grin:

4 Likes

Prizes make no difference to me, I just make things! It makes me happy and I love showing them off to all of you. It’s always a pleasant surprise when I do win something, but it’s not a motivator. So I am good with whatever the group decides.

5 Likes

Thank you all so much for weighing in. I appreciate all the thoughts!

So far, it looks like we are leaning towards keeping prizes on a monthly basis. I’m going to leave the prize up to our donors, but it also looks like crafted items are most coveted. I’m going to leave the poll open for the rest of the week to make sure everyone who wants to weigh in has a chance to.

I did not realize I had to check a box to see who participated in the poll, so if you volunteered to donate a prize, PM me please! Sorry about that! :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I haven’t taken part in a while, and have never taken part with the aim of getting a prize, but I can see why it could be encouraging.

Not sure how many people follow the Epbot blog, but they have a monthly prize draw for anyone who has donated/shared posts/etc. They have an album of prizes for people to pick from, so could that be an option? That people willing to donate a prize share a picture and whoever wins can pick from the prizes available?

4 Likes

Interesting idea!

2 Likes

bump!

Polls are closed! Thanks to everyone who voted. We will be keeping monthly prizes, woohoo!

And a big thank you to our prize donation volunteers:

@skrutt
@jemimah
@chameleonhound
@Magpie
@steiconi
@Abbeeroad

If you are missing from this list, please reach out to me! I will work on a schedule this week so stay tuned!

3 Likes

:sewing_needle: :thread: :star: Announcement :star: :thread: :sewing_needle:

The March Stitchalong Prize is being donated by Abbeeroad.

The winner, selected at random from those members who submit a completed piece of stitch work that fits our current theme “Count Your Blessings” will receive a PDF embroidery or cross stitch pattern of their choosing from Etsy that supports makers and artists in Ukraine or donates money to Ukrainian humanitarian efforts. A few examples:

Floral Wreath in Ukrainian Colors

Ukraine Love Pattern

Wildflower Embroidery Pattern

Ukrainian Sunflower of Peace

Or any other pattern of your liking:

Thanks to @MistressJennie for the idea. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Happy Stitching!

11 Likes

How is everybody doing??

I know I suggested the theme, but it’s been a difficult month for me. I’ve worked a lot, did some stress cleaning, wrote a paper for grad school. Other than basic sewing (very basic, I hemmed some pants and an otherwise finished dress) I’ve not crafted at all.

I have a plan, and painted the background fabric.
But I’ve gotten a lot of sewing done!

1 Like

Ohh, how will the first post get updated with new themes if it’s kittykill’s but Abbee is running the show now? I checked to see what the new theme is… what is it anyhow? I’m still working on flowers & words from last month, haha.

Maybe there should be a new topic started for 2022? @Abbeeroad

3 Likes

Good idea to start a new thread.

March theme is “count your blessings”.

3 Likes

Oh. My dad was Ukrainian. Our whole fam is here in Canada. I have real feelings of being blessed growing up & living in this country, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

I am sorry I haven’t updated the first page. I have been down with a serious back injury. Abeeroad should have access to the first post soon. I will update the first post by the end of this weekend.

3 Likes

Oh gosh girl, don’t even worry about it! Rest & recover. Hope you feel better soon :heartbeat:

1 Like

GRRR! I have an image but photo upload is still broken. Anyhoo, I updated the first post, except for the winner in February.

4 Likes

Yes we strategically did not start a new thread. I am supposed to be getting some magic powers here. :wink:

Thanks @kittykill!

2 Likes