Let’s Stitch Along to the End of Time!

This is FANTASTIC!!!

1 Like

This is hilariously fun!

1 Like

That is so fab!! Hilarious and a cool graphic style too!

I’m so glad I jumped in this stitchalong - all the different things you guys have done with the theme are so inspiring!

4 Likes

Aw, thanks, all! Once you get used to it and know where you’re going, it’s not so bad, but when I was first learning to navigate it…whew!

3 Likes

Such a fun idea for a project. Very clever and nice stitching!

1 Like

I love that traffic sign!!! You sure you’re not in Jersey? :wink:

Indiana came out so awesome, MM!

1 Like

Here is my last contribution to the Home theme.

17 Likes

Verrry nice stitching! Those precise letters!

2 Likes

Awesome LC logo! You got so much done and I don’t think I’ll even get around to starting mine. :thinking:

2 Likes

Nice LC logo @MightyMitochondria!

2 Likes

So glad you posted this, Abbee, it’s a fantastic idea (I get my best ones from the interwebs, too) and I’m putting it among the top of my Do Sooner Rather Than Later list. Am in the middle of a housing situation that is now in a bit of a limbo but will almost inevitably end with me having to move out of the apartment I’ve lived in for more than two decades. Nutshell version: I actually expected I’d be out this month but due to my understanding of state and local law and the attempts of building’s recent purchaser to thwart them over the last year-and-a-half – he assumed I wouldn’t know my rights and that I’d move out soon after he owned the property because he said he wanted me to, then didn’t do what little was required of him as landlord – he recently put the building back on the market and the process to get me out will start all over again. Many more details which I’ll likely include if…when I finish my own version and post here on LC. Fortunately I already have a pretty accurate floor as it’s included it in the sale listing and I’ll use that as a pattern to create my own embroidered version that I can take with me wherever I end up.

7 Likes

Perfect! and so well-stitched!

I hope your housing situation gets resolved well for you @waterbaby!

2 Likes

@MightyMitochondria You couldn’t have picked a more representative background fabric for your lovely stitching! What a very heartwarming take on “home”…

3 Likes

LOL Oh gosh, do they pull that stuff there too? I’m north of the 49th, and thought it was just us. :joy:

1 Like

Oops, so sorry for any confusion: the picture in my previous post was the one in the link Abbeeroad had posted, not anything I did. Thanks for the good wishes; it’s been a very difficult 18 months with this hanging over my head and the last minute stay of execution is nice, though almost certainly just a postponement and not a commutation of sentence.

This is my apartment’s floor plan:

The layout is unusual because it’s actually part of a divided apartment (my kitchen started life as a bedroom); I have probably 2/3 of the original, maybe a little more. Also, the front living room window (at the bottom of the drawing) is actually bowed outward, which will be reflected when I do the embroidered version.

3 Likes

It’s so exciting to see so many people participating! Ya’ll are amazeballs!

I’m just jonsin for Feb topic!

5 Likes

I’m almost done with mine! Can’t wait to post it here.

3 Likes

Done! Will properly finish them up later this week.

I come from a chaotic family. I never truly felt like I belonged anywhere until I met Mr Imma and he became my family. Home is wherever Mr Imma and me are. So I decided to stitch a picture of us.

Hi, this is me!

And this is him

Here we are together

We’re in 4 inch hoops. I’m going to finish them as hoopla’s and hang them next to each other.

It’s based on a bridal pattern in CrossStitcher a few years back, but I changed hairstyles/colours/clothing and added glasses to make them look like us.

19 Likes

awww…this is so romantic…you did a wonderful job expressing family and home

3 Likes

I love your home. And I love love. :heartbeat:

3 Likes