Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

Oh my gosh, that took forever! LOL, happy late or very, very early xmas?

That woodland fabric!! And I recognize the Brigid’s cross! Has it really already been a year???

1 Like

@Kwality570 made me this button hoop from my Pinterest. All the stitches! All the texture! Love it!

@JoyfulClover made me this cute little pouch (I love pouches!)

And this awesome thing that goes over my couch arm (is there a name for these) to hold remotes! I’ve been eating one for a while.

Thanks @Kwality570 and @JoyfulClover

22 Likes

I love so those little stitches in the button hoop, @Kwality570! You must have changed thread a million times!

And I’m so happy you like your arm-chair caddy, gg! I have been thinking about designing one for the backside of my sofa. Far away from pupper teefies!!

3 Likes

I decided to do a personal swap with @roler to help with her Pokemon ATC collection. We traded three ATCs each.

Here are the ones I received:
20210122_122128_resize_98

Thank you roler!!! I really do like the one for Shadowhunters!!! Thank you!!!

9 Likes

So glad you like them!! :slight_smile: I was experimenting with new techniques.

Btw, if you haven’t seen them, I posted @GeekyBookworm’s wonderful Pokémon ATCs in the thread for my collection:

3 Likes

@Smmarrt, I forgot you were sending me a machine foot, what a lovely surprise to come home to! Thank you for the gorgeous card too :).

11 Likes

Many moons ago, on Craftster, my first swap was the OTBird and I was partnered with the amazing @curiousfae. Although, not a bird, I listed a bat in my Q. For funzies.

She was not happy with the original version, and fiddled with possibilities…

Everyone, meet Marjorie!

Isn’t she precious?!

Look at her wee feet! And claws! And ears, and nose, and eyes! She’s smol - only 3inches wide!

Even her wings are perfect. She’s hanging upside down with her fellow felties in my art room.

@curiousfae! You’re my girl, you know that? Sending you hugs across the miles.

14 Likes

OMG that turned out amazing! I love it!

2 Likes

Wow, that is possibly the most beautiful bat I have ever seen. We are bat connoisseurs at our house, so that’s saying something!

3 Likes

I love!!!

3 Likes

I just love her. And she’s not firmly felted - she is more softly formed? So she feels just as delicately strong as you imagine a real one to be.

2 Likes

Oh my! I am so happy that you love her even though it took her a bit to find her way to you. She took her sweet time for sure!

Thanks for the sweet comments you guys. You all inspire me daily and it’s nice to be recognized by such an awesome group of craftsmen.

10 Likes

Hello Marjorie! You are just wonderful! (And, you share a name with my beloved sweet grandma!)

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I still have 2 more if anyone else needs one.
It’s a Singer 1/4" piecing foot.

6 Likes

I just bought one today! I started using it tonight and oh man… it’s a game changer for me.

1 Like

I’m still a bit wobbly - not sure my straight stitch is really that straight…or that I’m making a 1/4" seam.
On the crazy quilt blocks, I think I can get away with wobbly, but I strive for not wobbly!

2 Likes

@GeekyBookworm got a set of paints for Christmas and has been exploring her artistic wings! I really miss the colorful fall that we had in PA…seems like here in NC we go from hot summer to rainy winter with not much in between! So I asked if she would paint me a bright, cheerful fall painting…

Here it is! Love all the texture and, of course, red and orange are my most favorite colors!

Thanks so much, Savannah…keep on painting. I will get yours in the mail today!

20210202_090446

9 Likes

@jemimah just made my day with a parcel of lovelies! I appreciate the sunny summer energy she sent from NZ! I knew something was in the mail, but I didn’t know what.
Her letter was on the most gorgeous of stationery, and the back sides can be repurposed into other projects:

Then, two new art pieces!

I have wanted to display some cat artwork at cat eye-level, so now my foster cat gets this panoply of felines for her viewing pleasure, six inches off the ground. :smile: And that frog…I can’t even. So perfect. He will be out on display, I know that much.

Next, a pencil pouch in the best fabric!

I needed this! My aquarelle and graphite pencils have already moved in.

And after all of that, she also sent a knit scarf!!

I’ve always admired the ones that are this size and shape but I never had one.

So much good stuff!! Thank you! :kissing_heart:

16 Likes

What an extraordinary package! I know you will make good use of the papers. The frog is just epic, you know. Her eyes are just so accurate. And skin tone. Wild. Ha! Foster kitty will not know what to do with his friendly boon from afar!

And look at you knit, @jemimah! Love it! It looks like a worsted or bulky? Do you remember the brand? I adore the orange and blue on the neutral. Yum. And you got to knit, again!!!

@Kwality570 check out the shawl!

3 Likes