Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

Ah. Okay, gotcha.

1 Like

Look at this! It’s so lifelike. Your watercolor skills are perfect.

What a stunning package. I’ve only recently discovered Noro. It’s lovely but I haven’t worked with it yet.

2 Likes

People hate it because you can sometimes find little sticks or twigs in it because it wasn’t cleaned well. But you won’t find their colorways anywhere else. And I love the texture, but some people really turn up their nose.

Now I want to Noro knit!

3 Likes

I did an 8x10 painting swap with @AIMR and we traded scenery pieces.

I asked for a beach scene and this is what she came up with:
20210206_130420_resize_1
It is so beautiful and very well done!!! I like it!!!

Thank You Linda!!!

14 Likes

You are so welcome! I hope you will continue to paint and develop your skills and find your own artistic style…it is a joy that will last your whole lifetime…

Funny thing I was thinking…you are probably the youngest person on this site and I am the oldest…art brings our two generations together, doesn’t it? :heart:

6 Likes

I did my very first personal swap with @PrincessP last month and I had asked her to make me a sewing machine cover.

It made it from Australia to Oregon in 2 weeks! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! She chose the most amazing black & white fabric with all my favorite things. Skulls, bats, spiders, palm reading… it’s amazing! And brightly colored coordinating fabrics - I love b&w prints and bright colors so she nailed it.

There are so many pockets to keep my sewing supplies and you can put the cover under the machine while you are sewing to keep items handy.

The thread is rainbow colored :heart: and it has a button loop closure which I love. And she put a big S on it that she designed herself! So cool.

This is definitely going to help motivate me to do all the sewing projects I want to take a crack at this year.

I asked if she would make me an LC patch as I have been wanting one for months and now I have one!!

I love everything so much! It is so much better than I ever imagined. Thank you so so much!!

22 Likes

That’s such a lovely colourful scene @AIMR - makes me want to walk into it!! You two had a wonderful arty swap! :purple_heart: :art:

Wow @PrincessP, that is a fabulous sewing machine cover!!

4 Likes

Wow…how clever to be able to put it under your sewing machine…functional and pretty!

I also love black and white with color…and it has lots of both! Beautiful job @princessp!

Sounds like international mail is getting better!

5 Likes

I also love the way the bright fabric pops on the patterned b&w! @PrincessP! You did a great job pairing fun and function!

@AIMR - I love you included pussy willows in your scene, I have so many fond memories of these, and always notice when they are featured.

1 Like

Actually, at the beach, they are sea oats or pampas grass…but, in our world, they can be pussywillows if you want… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good grief. They are white, with airy fronds. I legit must have imposed my will on them to be what I wanted to see. And my vision is 100% fine. Ridiculous.

Sorry, lady.

3 Likes

lol You goofball…love your willful ways!

2 Likes

I might qualify as oldest.

2 Likes

Oh snap! @Harlan has dropped into the chat, @AIMR!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Oh…I have no idea…PM me your age…I would gladly pass on that crown! lol

2 Likes

I received three wonderful embroidered Pokémon cards from @thanate!! I put pictures of them in my Pokémon ATC Collection thread: Gotta catch 'em all! Pokémon ATCs

Thanks SO much!! I love them!! XD

2 Likes

@thanate does beautiful machine embroidery! How great that she could make you something for your collection…

5 Likes

I’m 69 and have no problem with people knowing.

11 Likes

I don’t either…I will be 67 in a few weeks…time flies when you are having fun and these crazy people keep me young and happy in spirit…you win! I am glad to have this range of diversity in our crafting community!

11 Likes

I turned 40 this year and despite the fact that I am single and have no children (although I’ve become that person who treats their dog like a child) I am proud of it. It was a long road to get here and I feel so much more comfortable with myself than I ever have before. Creaky joints and all.

“The ghosts of all the women you used to be are all so proud of who you have become, storm child made of wild and flame.”
-Nikita Gill

15 Likes