Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

@Magpie it turned out great! You put so much work into it. It’s just fab. And I’m so glad you’re still using the good stuff :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

Yas! The Good Stuff!
And also love, cursing, and wine, ha.
I only took one progress pic so not going to make a post about it but I will say the pattern is just OK as it, I recommend making a muslin and tweaking before cutting into nicer fabric. And do use linen for the final project, nothing hangs or wears quite like it.

3 Likes

@magpie you are one of the most kindest souls around! It’s excellent!

4 Likes

Oh, yay, glad to see this made it through construction and all the way to @calluna! That’s such a lovely shade of blue, too. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I received a packet of stamps and other papercrafty goodness from @Magpie today! It’s not technically a personal swap – I took her up on her offer to destash some of her stamps – but if she thinks she’s not getting some ATCs or something out of this, she’s got another thing coming :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I didn’t get a picture yet because for some reason I decided to stash them in the darkest room of the house on the cloudiest day we’ve had this week, but I’ll try to grab one on a brighter day. Thanks, @magpie!

5 Likes

Oh, you are so welcome! I’d love an ATC, or even better make that ATC a little bigger & turn it into a card! I keep all the ones with personal notes inside so I can read them over again :slight_smile:

The card with the heart & the personal notes were meant to be Happy Mail since you’re in that swap too :love_letter:

5 Likes

That smock frock is just wonderful @Magpie!! Wow!! Actual happiness you can wear :cherry_blossom: :blossom: :hibiscus:

2 Likes

Not sure you remember, but you made me the most gorgeous red jacket in a swap years ago…I got the best compliments wearing it and people were so shocked that a “stranger” would make me something so beautiful and functional…do you remember? I still have it…it is a bit, er, tight now that I put on a few COVID pounds, but I hope to wear it this fall again! lol

6 Likes

I do remember! That’s so awesome that you still have it :smiley: I have a skirt I made from the same material, but it’s sitting in the wardrobe waiting for me to make some post-COVID-baking modifications to myself … lol. If we ever get to travel again, one day we could visit and be colour co-ordinated!

I still have and use several things you made me from that swap, including a wonderful project bag with patchwork from gorgeous Kaffe Fassett fabrics :rainbow:

5 Likes

@GeekyBookworm and I are swapping ATCs :slight_smile: We agreed on three each. I haven’t sent yet but here’s what I got yesterday!

She took my coffee cups theme and ran with it! She also included a lot of other things I like too :grin: She used pieces from a comic she has so they all go together. They look so nice all in a row:

I love all the details and handwriting. They are all so fun! Thank you @GeekyBookworm :grin:

14 Likes

I glad you like, @Reinikka . I really just wanted to do a mixture of any thing that I left behind and I found some comics and I choose one that seemed to have the best graphics for what I wanted to do.

4 Likes

@calluna, you look adorable in your new frock. Dang, @Magpie, you are really something. I love it!

3 Likes

I love your mix of materials!

3 Likes

Guys, I sent @Edel some graph paper she mentioned that she needed and she sent me this in return!!! I love little pouches. I live bumblebees! I TOTALLY won this swap!!! Thank you so much EDEL!

21 Likes

I love the handprinted and hand dyed fabrics @edel makes! That is an awesome use for it…

4 Likes

I may have done a bit of stalking and discovered your love of pouches and bees. That was some fabric that I had previously tie dyed and then printed. I’m so glad you like it.

9 Likes

I did a swap with @Reinikka and we traded three ATCs. She sent me four seeing as she had started on one before starting a different one but ended up fixing the first one and just send and just deciding to send both. She also sent me a package of sloth stickers which I love!!! The stickers are so cute!!!

Here they are:
20210325_185709_resize_47

Thank you Reinikka!!! I really enjoyed swapping with you.

11 Likes

Great assortment of fun atcs @Reinikka! The stickers are super cute, too!

5 Likes

They were fun to make and I’m glad you like them! I couldn’t resist the sloth stickers once I saw them! I wanted to get you all the sloth things but the stickers were more practical for shipping :wink:

5 Likes

@AIMR is a very sneaky, funny, generous friend.

I have plans for that ant fabric! And don’t worry, I was careful about the pokey bits! :joy:

10 Likes