Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

@geekgirl and I did a personal swap :slight_smile: We agreed to a little crafty thing and an envelope of paper ephemera type things. I made a special request for some Scrappy Embellishments and I got 'em! geekgirl completely spoiled me. Not only did I get what I requested but she also sent me some inchies, decorated tags, a round thingy (I don’t know if it has a name), and a little crafty book! I also told her I’d be happy with just a bunch of printed words/phrases because I hate using our printer (it’s a long process and I just don’t like it) so she gave me some of those as well :smile: Here’s the loot :grin: :grin: :grin:

Scrappy Embellishments:

More crafty fun:

The front and back of the book are in the above pictures and here are the inside pages:

And extra paper goodies:

I feel so lucky! I have been admiring her scrappy embellishments since I first saw them! Thank you @geekgirl for reaching out to me for a swap and then for agreeing to make some for me :grin: :heart: I’m over the moon feeling completely spoiled. Thank you!!! :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Nice haul…and stuff to create your own special art as well…love those scrappy embellishments!

2 Likes

@geekgirl is such a talented paper artist! Those round things are called ATC coins!

I received a couple atcs from @LindaP from the Discord swap,

And a super special cat in hat from her adorable granddaughter A.

11 Likes

What a papery haul! Makes me want to try my hand at little embellishments. Love all the hatted cats, too.

2 Likes

So glad you like everything @Reinikka !!!

Here are my goods I got from Reinikka. Lots of goodies to play with! And an awesome ATC and twinchie.

I can’t wait to go play with all the papers and masterboards!

9 Likes

I made a post on the little book!

5 Likes

HOLEY MOLEY!

I’ve just come across this thread and two things stood out to me:

-The amazing scope of talent that is here on LC
-The amount of love that shows through these interactions

Nice job everyone!

4 Likes

I posted a sad little cry for a hoopla swap buddy, and the lovely Lynx volunteered!

She wrapped the entire thing in bonus fabric, which I always appreciate and am going to make a concerted effort to do so myself in the future:

She wrote a sweet, relevant fact on the flipside, which she double checked to confirm:

Did you know this? I am embarassed to admit, I did not!

And finally…she made this beautiful, glorious, embroidered NAME!! Y’all, she made my user name!

Look at this stitching!

She also sent a notecard, and paper seeds to plant.

It’s raining today, so it will be perfect to plant.

@Lynx THANK YOU so much for swapping with me! I do not have anything with my user name on it. And this is only the second piece clover themed! Quality, for sure!!

I hope you like mine for you (although it is significantly smaller than a TEN INCH HOOP! You said small!!), but I made it with intention and good thoughts. Big hugs to you, my friend. You are a gem!

11 Likes

I was so happy to make such a special piece for you! Enjoy, my friend!

3 Likes

It is truly lovely in sentiment and execution! I always loved your usename! The background is just too perfect!

4 Likes

Right?! I mean, I was definitely charmed when I saw it!

3 Likes

Loving the art and paper embellishments! Gorgeous hoop, too!

4 Likes

That hoop is gorgeous and so nice to have something with your “name” on it! The stitching is so perfect.

4 Likes

It really is! This is going to be one of my asked for things from now on.

4 Likes

After a difficult weekend, I checked my mail today from this very happy tiny (I asked for small) hoop from the super talented @JoyfulClover–from my Pinterest!

Such tiny stitches filling a 4" hoop!

I love how she closed the back. I’ve seen it this was, but never done this.

And she painted and woodburned the hoop toblook like a ruler!
So. Freaking. Neat!

Thank you so much for swapping with me! It’s absolutely perfect and I love it so much!

16 Likes

Woodburning a hoop? Now that is pretty awesome all by itself…but the stitching is incredible and so you!

4 Likes

Your hoop is awesome, @JoyfulClover! I love all the different colours you used. I didn’t know it was possible to paint a hoop, let alone wood burn it! I’m always impressed by your artwork.

3 Likes

@Lynx I am so happy you like it, and it lifted your spirits today! You are an excellent swap partner! thank you for coming to my hoopla rescue!

thanks, @AIMR and @Nou! I like to do something with the hoops, and am trying to break out of my rut of just painting. BUT I did learn to paint first THEN burn. It stinks more, and I’m sure it’s bad (is this paint gonna ignite? WHO KNOWS?), but it was easier than having to go back and touch up.

{also…check you out @Nou! I see you posting! yeah!}

4 Likes

Oh, that turned out SO great! I just love it.

2 Likes

I love that piece! And a whole new world of wood-burned hoops has opened up!

5 Likes