Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

It is truly lovely in sentiment and execution! I always loved your usename! The background is just too perfect!

4 Likes

Right?! I mean, I was definitely charmed when I saw it!

3 Likes

Loving the art and paper embellishments! Gorgeous hoop, too!

4 Likes

That hoop is gorgeous and so nice to have something with your “name” on it! The stitching is so perfect.

4 Likes

It really is! This is going to be one of my asked for things from now on.

4 Likes

After a difficult weekend, I checked my mail today from this very happy tiny (I asked for small) hoop from the super talented @JoyfulClover–from my Pinterest!

Such tiny stitches filling a 4" hoop!

I love how she closed the back. I’ve seen it this was, but never done this.

And she painted and woodburned the hoop toblook like a ruler!
So. Freaking. Neat!

Thank you so much for swapping with me! It’s absolutely perfect and I love it so much!

16 Likes

Woodburning a hoop? Now that is pretty awesome all by itself…but the stitching is incredible and so you!

4 Likes

Your hoop is awesome, @JoyfulClover! I love all the different colours you used. I didn’t know it was possible to paint a hoop, let alone wood burn it! I’m always impressed by your artwork.

3 Likes

@Lynx I am so happy you like it, and it lifted your spirits today! You are an excellent swap partner! thank you for coming to my hoopla rescue!

thanks, @AIMR and @Nou! I like to do something with the hoops, and am trying to break out of my rut of just painting. BUT I did learn to paint first THEN burn. It stinks more, and I’m sure it’s bad (is this paint gonna ignite? WHO KNOWS?), but it was easier than having to go back and touch up.

{also…check you out @Nou! I see you posting! yeah!}

4 Likes

Oh, that turned out SO great! I just love it.

2 Likes

I love that piece! And a whole new world of wood-burned hoops has opened up!

5 Likes

I received my pocket letter from @geekgirl, but first, she also included some gelli prints on newspaper!

I just love those colors and shapes. They feel more light and delicate than a newspaper does, though.

I already have plans for the blue and green one.

We agreed to make fandom PLs and gg made my DS9 dream come true!

Sisko, Jake, and Dax:

I think Sisko as a father has always been overlooked.

Bashir, DS9, and Worf:

She made DS9 as a wild, glittery space station. It’s probably the one time I have not tried to figure somwthinf out. I like not knowing.

Quark, Odo, and Kira:

GG found sarcasm even at the edge of the quadrant. Good stuff, right?

And then she went and stuffed all the backs:

Which I did not do! Gah! I should just know better, and do all the things! So generous!! She also sent a few supply items casually mentioned.

Thank you so much, GG! You are so kind, talented…and funny AF. For reals. :metal:

9 Likes

It’s this stuff. I got it for a project I never did. I’m not that crazy about it but I still have most of a pad left so I’m sure I’ll think of something to do with it.

Strathmore 307-809 300 Series Newsprint Pad, Rough 9"x12" Tape Bound, 50 Sheets Amazon.com

3 Likes

Oh, I’ve seen that in the store before! (Or maybe just the brand). Thank you!

2 Likes

@Lynx made me this AMAZING lettuce merit badge. I love it! The subtle variegated greens on the fabric and lettuce are lovely and the black and white lettering is fantastic. She always puts so many personal touches in her packages. Even the card includes insects because she knows I love them. Thank you, Lynx2Lancer!

8 Likes

I love embroidery.

And I recognize that lettuce shape! Ha! Happy packages all around!

4 Likes

Yes, I forgot to say she traced your stamp. It is such a lovely design. :green_heart:

5 Likes

No worries! Y’all are so much fun!

5 Likes

I love that swap projects all become so interconnected. Part of the card was also made by @Cyn-energy. :blue_heart::blue_heart:

6 Likes

Hehe, all the cut out parts were from @Cyn-energy!

5 Likes