Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

I did a personal swap with @grenouille78 to make accessories for each other’s plushies! She made these AMAZING gifts for my eel, Katsuyuki Moray!

First - finally, a backpack he can wear without arms!!

It’s got a zipper and everything! He’s SO excited to take stuff along on his travels with this! It’s the perfect size, so useful and colorful and cheerful! :slight_smile:

And also, he got this AMAZING chef outfit!!

Poor Katsuyuki hasn’t been updating his blog much at all this year, mostly because his photographer has been super stressed and overwhelmed but also because she has hardly gotten out of the house… but now he can take snazzy cooking photos right at home and look the part!

Thank you SO much, @grenouille78; everything is so creative and fun and fits perfectly!!

Oh, and here we are making our exchange (we live pretty close by each other so she swung by to swap):

18 Likes

Oh, how fun! He looks cute in his new gear, and you guys look pretty cute, too. How cool that you got to do an in-person exchange!

4 Likes

And here’s my end of the swap! I had asked @roler to make something fun for my boys’ beloved stuffies, Monkey (a monkey!) and Bibbit the frog. I apologize that my pictures aren’t the greatest; the boys were chomping at the bit to get their animals and new accessories back!

For Monkey, she crocheted this jaunty little tam! Monkey is adorable in it! And, she chose a good color combination that shows up well (ds #1 is colorblind).

Bibbit is harder to make clothing for, so she made him a soft and squishy sleeping bag and pillow set! Ds #2 has been carrying him around in it ever since I got home. :heart:

Personal swaps are fun, and even more fun when you get to do them in person! Thanks, @roler, for making my kiddos so happy!

13 Likes

Oh, he looks great! I’m so happy the hat stays on! That was the thing I was most nervous about. So nice to see you today! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those are brilliant! Seeing him in the kitchen dressed as a chef is giving me the giggles. :sweat_smile: fantastic cloak and rainbow dress/tunic, too!

4 Likes

Aw, the little crocheted hat and sleeping bag are adorable, too! What a fun idea for a swap!

3 Likes

I did a personal swap with @PrincessP. She posted the pumpkins I sent already. Today I got the sloth hanging she made me!

I got him hung up, but I need to take him down and iron him. I was too excited to hang him up to do that first :grin:

She also included one of the awesome Lettuce Craft patches she designed. I’m so happy she included it. I’ve been wanting one, and now I have one! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for such an amazing swap!

15 Likes

I’m so glad he arrived safely and you like him! You’ve already found the perfect spot! :smiley:

I actually made it all off the top of my head without a pattern loved the problem solving I encountered along the way.

I really enjoyed making him for you xx

5 Likes

My daughter also loves sloths! This is one of the coolest wall hangings I have ever seen! Pinned it!

4 Likes

@PrincessP super adorable sloth, lady! I love the quilting!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, that sloth is so charming. I love the LC badge too. I’m also swapping with PrincessP and can hardly wait for my own badge to arrive!

4 Likes

I absolutely ADORE this sloth. The quilting and colors and shape and everything are so charming! Fantastic design job!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

(In fact if there is something you’d like me to make in exchange for one of my favorite animals in a similar style, I’d be thrilled to do a personal swap! XD

3 Likes

Let’s chat :wink: xx

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words everyone!!

I gave slothy his own post :smiley:

3 Likes

I received this gorgeous goldfish ornament from @endymion after begging for a chance to get one like it in a personal swap!! XD Thank you SO MUCH!!

Best part? It’s not just a goldfish: it’s a Goldeen!! I see she has picked up on my not-too-hidden Pokémon obsession!! The colors, little horn, and eye expression have all captured Goldeen perfectly! Plus it’s just beautiful all in its own right, and the sparkle of the blue water bits is brilliant!

Thank you SO much, endymion, for this absolute treasure!! <3

12 Likes

Oh, no! It looks like he (she?) fell off the thread. You MIGHT be able to pull it out to repair it if you snag its tail or snout…

3 Likes

Hee hee, generally Pokémon are “it” unless a specific individual one has been identified as a particular gender. :slight_smile: I’ll see if I can repair it without breaking it further, but if it wants to just sit on top of its sparkly watery hoard, that’s ok with me too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you have some long tweezers or a crochet hook, maybe you could snag the top fin and tie some invisible thread there.

2 Likes

I received some happy mail from @PrincessP last night! :scream_cat::heart_eyes:

She sent me one of her Lettuce Craft patches and snuck in a few others she designed. I love the Magic Weaver patch that uses some the same colors as the towel I sent her! And the My First Pandemic! And the Crafts Past Bedtime :joy:. It’s like she captured my 2020 in patch form! I’m in awe of how professionally done they are!

Thank you @PrincessP for swapping with me! :kissing_heart: I love them so much and they’ve already taken a prominent space front and center on my fridge!

14 Likes