Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

What an extraordinary package! I know you will make good use of the papers. The frog is just epic, you know. Her eyes are just so accurate. And skin tone. Wild. Ha! Foster kitty will not know what to do with his friendly boon from afar!

And look at you knit, @jemimah! Love it! It looks like a worsted or bulky? Do you remember the brand? I adore the orange and blue on the neutral. Yum. And you got to knit, again!!!

@Kwality570 check out the shawl!

3 Likes

I love the little cats! They look like they are up to no good!

The frog is precious!

I am also glad that you are knittingā€¦so beautifulā€¦the colors are neutral but with a punchā€¦

3 Likes

Yes! Those pops of color on the neutral are stunning! It looks soooo cozy and the stitches are so even. Beautiful!!!

5 Likes

The frog! THE FROG!!! @curiousfae, another beauty!

3 Likes

Yay @calluna, Iā€™m so happy it arrived safely and you like everything :smiley_cat: :rainbow: Thanks everyone for the lovely comments :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The scarf is in DK or worsted I think. I canā€™t remember the brand of the plain grey wool, but the coloured contrast is some Noro Kibou. I just LURVE Noro, but hardly anyone stocks it in NZ.

Gosh, I havenā€™t caught up on this thread in a while, so many fabulous things! @GeekyBookworm That is such a warm and happy autumn painting! Lovely :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf: @curiousfae Marjorie the bat is amazing!! Gorgeous work!

3 Likes

I am also a fan of Noro! It gets a lot of hate, but the colors are just To Dye For. I have some in the green and grey family I need to useā€¦

Yes, I can see Noro now in the nubbiness and the color. Gllloooorrrriiiiiooouussss

3 Likes

I have a love/hate with Noro as wellā€¦the colors and the textures are what draws me inā€¦it feels nice to work with as well, but sometimes the uneven spinning throws me for a loopā€¦I prefer to crochet it so I can control the stitch better, but yeah, it is a winner for me as well because of the colorsā€¦I have a pile of red/oranges and a pile of greens that need to be usedā€¦I made a cool bobble beanie for my niece, one of my favorite patterns everā€¦but she gave it awayā€¦no more Noro for her!

3 Likes

I thought it might be Noro, but I didnā€™t want to presume. :smile: I do love all the Noro, and I think this is the only thing I have that uses it! The multiple colors with the subdued solid work so well together.
And YES! THAT FROG! :heart_eyes: Plus Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who sees the mischief waiting to happen in that sea of cats.

4 Likes

First of allā€¦SHAME!!! She gave away your hand knitted item??? Gross. No more handstitched love for you!

Secondā€¦letā€™s talk about this favorite bobble beanie you speak ofā€¦care to share the pattern??!

Sneakyā€¦

2 Likes

The pattern is from a Noro Crochet bookā€¦I also have the knit oneā€¦they mock me from my bookcase because I have only made three of the patternsā€¦lol

3 Likes

Ah. Okay, gotcha.

1 Like

Look at this! Itā€™s so lifelike. Your watercolor skills are perfect.

What a stunning package. Iā€™ve only recently discovered Noro. Itā€™s lovely but I havenā€™t worked with it yet.

2 Likes

People hate it because you can sometimes find little sticks or twigs in it because it wasnā€™t cleaned well. But you wonā€™t find their colorways anywhere else. And I love the texture, but some people really turn up their nose.

Now I want to Noro knit!

3 Likes

I did an 8x10 painting swap with @AIMR and we traded scenery pieces.

I asked for a beach scene and this is what she came up with:
20210206_130420_resize_1
It is so beautiful and very well done!!! I like it!!!

Thank You Linda!!!

14 Likes

You are so welcome! I hope you will continue to paint and develop your skills and find your own artistic styleā€¦it is a joy that will last your whole lifetimeā€¦

Funny thing I was thinkingā€¦you are probably the youngest person on this site and I am the oldestā€¦art brings our two generations together, doesnā€™t it? :heart:

6 Likes

I did my very first personal swap with @PrincessP last month and I had asked her to make me a sewing machine cover.

It made it from Australia to Oregon in 2 weeks! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! She chose the most amazing black & white fabric with all my favorite things. Skulls, bats, spiders, palm readingā€¦ itā€™s amazing! And brightly colored coordinating fabrics - I love b&w prints and bright colors so she nailed it.

There are so many pockets to keep my sewing supplies and you can put the cover under the machine while you are sewing to keep items handy.

The thread is rainbow colored :heart: and it has a button loop closure which I love. And she put a big S on it that she designed herself! So cool.

This is definitely going to help motivate me to do all the sewing projects I want to take a crack at this year.

I asked if she would make me an LC patch as I have been wanting one for months and now I have one!!

I love everything so much! It is so much better than I ever imagined. Thank you so so much!!

22 Likes

Thatā€™s such a lovely colourful scene @AIMR - makes me want to walk into it!! You two had a wonderful arty swap! :purple_heart: :art:

Wow @PrincessP, that is a fabulous sewing machine cover!!

4 Likes

Wowā€¦how clever to be able to put it under your sewing machineā€¦functional and pretty!

I also love black and white with colorā€¦and it has lots of both! Beautiful job @princessp!

Sounds like international mail is getting better!

5 Likes

I also love the way the bright fabric pops on the patterned b&w! @PrincessP! You did a great job pairing fun and function!

@AIMR - I love you included pussy willows in your scene, I have so many fond memories of these, and always notice when they are featured.

1 Like

Actually, at the beach, they are sea oats or pampas grassā€¦but, in our world, they can be pussywillows if you wantā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes