Little Fox Backpack

A friend asked me if I could make something on commission for her to give to a close friend’s toddler on his birthday, and this is what we ended up with. :smiley: I’ve never posted it before because I always intended to publish the pattern, but it has been YEARS, so I’m tired of waiting, because I think it’s super cute. :smiley:

27 Likes

Oh that is adorable!! I would heart it twice if possible!

Thanks for posting, it is way too cute to not share it!

This rocks too :metal:

2 Likes

That is seriously cute!

1 Like

Adorable!!! :fox_face:

1 Like

ohmahgosh I love it! The polkadots are a perfect complement to the foxy red.

1 Like

:smiley: I got really lucky with that, because it’s a bit of some vintage yardage I had in my stash. I still have like 5 yards of it. lol It just fit this project so well, though!

1 Like

Ohhh, I love that crafty kismet! That WAS lucky!

1 Like

that is darling! and the lining fabric is too cute!

1 Like

That is TOO CUTE!!!

1 Like

Ah that’s adorable! Foxes are one of my favorite animals. I would love a fox backpack! I would also potentially try to make it if you did ever publish the pattern. :wink:

1 Like

To be honest, I have it all written out. I was originally intending to try to write up instructions for a fully-knitted and a fabric/lined/strapped version, but I did not care enough. lol I think I might go in and finalize the lined version (the one I actually made) and put it on my website.

2 Likes

I like the mixed material you used (not just all knitting). and the stitch difference for cheeks and ears. I think it’s moss (but could be linen?).

:metal:

1 Like

Thank you! For a structured bag and a recipient I didn’t personally know, I wanted to make sure it wasn’t going to sag or stretch in weird ways, or let things like pencils through, or otherwise be used in a way I didn’t foresee, so a fabric lining and straps seemed like the obvious choice.

And, it’s moss stitch. :smiley:

1 Like

He is just delightful and I love the coordinating fabric you chose.

1 Like

Oh my gosh! That is the cutest thing that ever happened! Beautiful stitches, too!

1 Like

Ahhh, it’s so stinkin’ cute!

1 Like

This is just utterly adorable. Well done.

That turned out so great, I think it looks so good.

It’s adorable :smiley: the whole thing is perfect, and I love how colourful the fabric on the inside is :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, for all it’s functionality knitting (or crochet) does allow little bits through. Lining was an extra step, but finished it so well!

Huzzah for moss stitch!!

1 Like