COMPLETE: Little Good Things of 2021-- sign ups 3/1-3/14, Send 3/30

Would anyone be interested in a blank set of my bird cards as a little good thing? I love sharing them and they are my favorite little good thing right now! (Obviously, I know this can’t be guaranteed, but the possibility would probably sway me more into joining.) I am going to keep thinking because I have some other swap priorities I need to finish first!

6 Likes

I just signed up for this swap, and I would love to receive a set of your bird cards! Anything you make is awesome!

I just signed up for the raffle and this swap…time to dip my toes back into swapping.

5 Likes

Yes!! I’m terrible at paper crafts and would love some handmade cards.

3 Likes

Z’OHMAHGAWD YES I SURE WOULD!

3 Likes

I’ve come across some really cute tiny cross stitch patterns recently. Hmm…dare I do it?

Thinks to self: “No! Finish your current dang swaps before you do anything!!”

But I’m going to daydream about this swap in the meantime and think it over. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Even though my goal this year has been to focus on wips & there are plenty to keep me busy, I still had zero self-resist about this swap, lol. It’s only a 2 hour tiny little good thing after all… :grin:

1 Like

I signed up…like I don’t have enough to do. But there I go. this will be fun.

5 Likes

My work is extremely busy right now, but I’ll find a way to craft a few one-evening items! It will be great for stress relief as well.

5 Likes

Okay, I caved. Life is stressful and frustrating right now (nothing related to my husband, just a lot of stuff going on around us; he’s been making things much better, actually), and I decided that I needed this to look forward to. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Sent in my questionnaire a little bit ago. Looking forward to my first swap of 2021! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Question about the form - when you ask for “some little things that make you happy”, do you mean actual physical items like “fun shaped paperclips” or “tiny blank books” or “fingerless mitts”, or are you looking for esoteric? thematic? like, “birds” or “watching clouds go by” or “cats sleeping in sunbeams” or “hiking”?

4 Likes

I like all those sorts of answers, even simply choosing either helps tell a story about you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I made progress on my IYP swap yesterday. I’m leaning closer to sending in my q, but I want to get a little more progress done first.

2 Likes

I kind of did both. For example:

Books (bookmarks or other book accessories)

Not all of mine were like that. Some were just ideas of what to send…I have a feeling either approach would be acceptable. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

In my numbered responses, I put the themes I like, some general and some specific. In the section on crafted items you might want to get, I added my thoughts on types of crafts or objects I might enjoy. I enjoy filling out my forms with a lot of details, to give my partners lots of directions/options to choose from, but I’ve also seen super short, simple questionnaires where I was still totally able to make my partner something they loved. :heart::smiley:

4 Likes

Everyone seems to interpret this differently! Your partner might appreciate something craft-related or craftable, but go with what makes you happy! :grin:

And the traditional mid-sign-ups check-in question for those who want to play is: What did YOU put on your list of “little good things”?

5 Likes

hand carved stamp, pretty decorated papers to cut up
dark chocolate, herbal teas, black licorice
bright, vibrant colours but also the strange off shades
monsters, mushrooms, hearts, rainbow, stripes, dots, spirals, socks, woodland creatures, nature, plants & animals & landscapes & weather
sass, snark that is clever but not mean
culture jamming & pagan/earthy stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah for me I put other things that make me happy that aren’t craft related. Like cats and the sound of rain.

5 Likes

I put on my list:

• gardening and canning
  • reading history books and watching history documentaries
  • vintage fashion (especially 30s, 40s, 60s, 70s)
  • cooking and baking
  • sewing, cross stitch, embroidery, quilting

But I should have started with

• coffee
  • coffee
  • coffee
8 Likes

Thanks everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Haha…yes, coffee before all things.

Mine were:

Wearable art, books, pretend play, plants, and notecards. :heart:

2 Likes