Little Good Things (R2) gallery!

I hear you! Lol- I’m over here checking every day! Every now and again things seem to take forever… Guess this is one of those times!

I made this little needle book for Thimbles71 (She hasn’t joined yet) I also sent a variety of chocolates and teas along with an old school friendship bracelet like the one I made for EriChanHime

19 Likes

That is a cute idea for a needlebook!

I need to get on Thimbles71 to join!!!..I really enjoy swapping with her…

2 Likes

What a clever idea! Love the needle case.
And do get Thimbles71 to come join us!!!

3 Likes

I received mine but I don’t see that my partner has hers yet. I’m also starting to wonder if the postal system ate it! I"m in Ontario

(So you know how everyone was saying they loved that lettuce doesn’t lose a post? I love that, too! Seeing that I started this reply on Wednesday…)

I received my package from @psyche in Canada days and days ago, I’m just having trouble keeping up with everything at the moment.

But that doesn’t mean you don’t get to see what I got: a lovely and very handy tea fabric bookmark with the cutest cup of tea (which can also totally be a creamy cup of cocoa, as I live both), a sweet fabric covered pin or button, and the most delicious smelling and tasting tea!

Isn’t the little cup adorable? And I think I actually own some of that spool fabric or at least something similar, I love that I have some on an item for myself now! Thinking of sticking some magnets on the back of that little thing to get a much needed needle minder…

There was also a lovely wintery patch work card psyche received from someone from the old site, and peeping out of it is the card from the tea supplier: her mom and sister. Isn’t that awesome? And can I just stress again how much I love the tea? One is a lovely herbal/fruity blend with apple, rosehips and cinnamon (the scent!) and the other is purely cocoa husks (I want to carry that one around with me everywhere and all of the time!). Perfect choice! I love trying everyone’s local teas, and personal favourites, but I think it won’t ever get more close and personal teawise than this :blush:

And finally I got another wish from my list, a personal ATC for my collection. Which has turned into a memory book of sorts with different chapters, and keeps growing.

Thank you very very much for a fantastic package Jessica, I love it!

13 Likes

Squee! That card is from me as Bubbles in one of the secret Santa swaps!

I love the book mark, totally cute.

I love that we are sharing so many memories and things from that old place…I hope the love continues!

I love the little spool button…

I received from @Edel! Apparently, she is also one of the fairy godmothers of this swap…

She sent some lovely teas and three very nice ATCs for my collection…even the envelopes were wonderful! Thank you…of course, my favorite is the Alice one but the Flamingo will remind me of you always and the other one…well, it is Chinese New Year!!!

just the ATCS–all the little details…the heart, the stamp…fabulous!

16 Likes

I received from Edel as well!

She made me a beautiful prayer flag in greens and other non-primaries with shells and a LARGE feather:

The back (because it’s just as interesting):

Check out a closeup of the work:

I just love love love organic. LOVE. This layout is excellentito for sure!

She also included a print (she used as a notecard) and a small spell notebook. part of a limited edition made by her friend who lives on a barge!! Can you believe it? The print is a limited edition linocut and was made by her friend who lives a barge!

Thank you so much, @Edel for being a thoughtful swap buddy for the last old and new swap.

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

16 Likes

I just love how @edel uses so many interesting textures in her work…those yo-yos are great…as are the trims!

2 Likes

YASSSSSSSS

Squeeing right back!

1 Like

@JoyfulClover the print was made by my friend, not the notebook. I’m so glad you like the prayer flag. X

2 Likes

Loving that print…

1 Like

@Edel. Ahhh! Now that does make more sense!

I thought the card looked like a linocut! Gah! Thank you for clarifying! And thank you for my gift!

@JoyfulClover I love your new tagline -I’ll never throw away tiny scraps again. I’ll send them to you!

2 Likes

My package arrived from across the ocean! Immaculata sent me a wonderful package!

She sent me a great mug rug with my “teacher name” on it, it has now made it’s home on my desk. I also recieved postcards (I love looking at these older houses, in Utah we don’t have anything much older than the 1900’s standing). I am looking forward to trying the stroopwafels, these are new to me. The chocolates are almost gone already. I will enjoy crafting with the fabric this nest Christmas. Thank you for everything, I love it!

13 Likes

Hope you like the stroopwafels! They are the most Dutch thing I could think of. If they crumbled in the mail, stroopwafel crumbs are a real thing that you can buy in here.

2 Likes

Oooh, the flag from @Edel with the yo’s!

Man, I love stroopwafel. They don’t love me back but sometimes I just don’t care, they are DELISH!

3 Likes

@Edel I would love that! And maybe you’ll find something in the post in return!

:four_leaf_clover: