Little White Rat

This is made from a New Year Rat pattern by Stephanie Lau . I thought it was so sweet when I saw it on Ravelry.
I used a finer thread, because that is what I had, and the tail was extremely hard to do as it is a 3 stitch tube. Next time I will probably do a crochet icord. I have seen tutorials for these and they look easier.
Will definitely make another.

17 Likes

Adorable!

1 Like

perfect for the Year of the Rat…cute and fun!

1 Like

this is adorable. I’ve not done a 3 stitch tube. that does seem like it would be hard.

1 Like

How cute!

1 Like

that sweet face! so precious!

edit:

HA! I just saw it was on the front page! excellent!!!

1 Like

What a cutie!

1 Like

I squeaked a little when I saw this! It is SO CUTE! Ah, I wish I could crochet.

1 Like

Too sweet!! The ears!!

1 Like

So adorable! I love the picture of the wee guy in front of the pattern model haha.

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

Thank you everyone. I like this designer’s amigurumi patterns and want to try some of the others.

1 Like

well looks like I need to make one or several. My son has ratties as pets and this one looks a lot like Dumbo.

1 Like

Awww it’s darling!! I love the big ears!!

1 Like

Oh yes, those tiny tubes are hard to do! Your rat turned out fantastic!

1 Like

Sweetness! I love how his little hands are clasped together, almost prayerlike, and his sweet expression.

Yes my son thought the ears looked like Dumbo and the long snout was like a shrew’s so he asked if it was an elephant shrew :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Oh, my! He is so cute! Definitely adding this to my list of things to do this year.

He is so cute! I was about to make a rat for our DnD group (one character had a pet rat that just saved our bacon) and now I don’t know if I’m going to use this pattern or the one I was planning on using, because… so cute!!! Those ears!

1 Like

What a cute little darling! Nice work!