Macabre Christmas Gifts

My sister and I pick a theme every Christmas and this year the theme was Macabre. I made her a rag doll which I sewed from an old curtain. She was then died with tea to antique her. I ordered resin teeth (you’d be amazed what you can find on Amazon), which I sewed and formed into her mouth. Behind her button eyes is brown felt. Her dress was hand sewed from an old pillow case. Her yarn hair I knotted. She was then set aside while I splashed red and black paints to make her look a tad bit murderous. She was put into a box which was written: There is no going back. Once that was opened inside was a card that said: My name is Susie. Under tissue paper she was revealed. It was such a fun craft and my sister loved her.

11 Likes

Creepy cute, but it made me giggle. How do you two pick your themes?

1 Like

@Lynx we take turns and my sister Cheryl picked this year. 2020 will be Music which was picked just from the top of my head.

1 Like

Susie is awesome. What a fun tradition!

1 Like

This is such an fun tradition! I love how wild it is!

1 Like

Dude! The teeth! Great job! Is that blood on their dress? :joy:

1 Like

Blood, kittykill? Oh; yes.

What a fun couple of sisters you are!

1 Like

That sounds so much fun, I absolutely love it and am going to suggest this tradition to my sisters, ha! Mind sharing some past themes & what y’all made?

1 Like

omg that is funny :smiley:
Firstly, does she make stuff as well? Because then I sort of want to know what she made :stuck_out_tongue:
Secondly, great macabre doll :smiley: Sounds like you two have a lot of fun gifting each other, and making it themed Christmas is a clever plan

1 Like

Our first Christmas Theme was swear words. The second was Insults; Rocky Horror Picture Show was third was as you know Macabre was our fourth. My Sis does make gifts for me as well the highlight this year being Overlook Hotel Towels from the Shining.The clock is from our Insults Christmas which I will post photos of.

1 Like

How awesome! Both the themes and the fact that you two make things for each other, hope this year will be as fun as the previous ones