COMPLETED - Make a Pouch + Fill It Swap - Send Outs 5/25/2022

I told my family that all I want for mother’s day is to craft in peace. I don’t want to cook, do dishes, do carpool… Just craft. Sounds heavenly, right!!! I hope to get do a bunch of small projects done. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Would everyone like one more week for the due date? Maybe switch it to the 25th instead?

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind having a little extra time. I’ll still strive to have it ready by the 18th, but I like the idea of having a buffer if I don’t make that deadline!

3 Likes

@AudiobookLover My sentiments exactly!

3 Likes

I would LOVE that! Is it ok if I send a bit later if that’s the consensus @jillybeans ?

2 Likes

Oh that would be just awesome! I started a new job and I’m getting into the flow of being a working mom now.

2 Likes

I have plans to work on mine today!

1 Like

I just finished the pouch itself! Fillers still need some work but there’s been progress there too.

1 Like

Um. I played hookie all weekend because (Seattle + dry + sunny + weekend) = get outside before it rains again! :grin: :smiling_face: oops! I hope to get everything put together by Friday, by working a bit here & a bit there in the evenings.

1 Like

I mean, come on! Try to deny yourself this, after 6 months of rain!

11 Likes

Looks wonderful! We spent weekend time traveling & at the beach, so awesome. This pic is from inside a hollow tree, looking up!

I finished a thing tonight after work, nearly done another & got parts cut up for one more.

6 Likes

That is so cool!

1 Like

Since it sounds like everyone’s having a case of spring fever/procrastination, I’m going to make the executive decision to move the send date out a week to give everyone a little more time for their pouches/fillers.
New send date - 5/25/2022!

7 Likes

I am going to try to be finished by the original send out date. “Try”, lol.
I tested out another pattern tonight but I don’t like this one either, ugh!
I have a few more ideas. One of them better turn out soon.

2 Likes

I too had a procrastination weekend. I have a koi pond that i absolutely love, but my fish got sick and over half died. Its been a sad weekend. I went to a nursery that has sold me koi and brought water samples in. We cant figure out what it is, so i am throwing everything at it to try to save my remaining fish. So, thats where all my energy has been going. I did manage to get half a project done after work today. That felt good.

2 Likes

I didn’t have a procrastination weekend but I did have a major failure and had to redo my pouch!

• I couldn’t find the pattern I wanted to use
  • I found a different new-to-me pattern. It was free and it wasn’t good. then I tried to “fix” it. and have ended up with a really weirdly shaped pouch I will use myself lol
  • went back to a tried and tested method and made a cute pouch!
3 Likes

My mother’s day plan to do nothing but craft? Nope. I went Strawberry picking with the kiddos then teaching them jam making!

I have crafted a few fillers though so I’m still on track with the extended deadline.

3 Likes

Today at work a coworker & I are walking up to a shop I need something from. Then I hope to leave a bit early to get to the fabric store before they close at 5:30. After that, the business centre to finish up some extras. Whew, busy day! Really hope to get something finished tonight too, after last night’s fails. Sigh.

2 Likes

So I was missing a supply item. But I picked it up last night, and tonight i will do the very preliminary first steps - pinning & comparing & maybe cutting!

I picked up some fillers today! I also checked two fabric stores for a specific fabric design, but neither had what I want, so I tried to find it online, but had no luck. Now I’m starting to wonder if anybody actually makes a fabric like the one I’m imagining…

1 Like