COMPLETED - Make a Pouch + Fill It Swap - Send Outs 5/25/2022

I think I may have settled on my pouch plan. Finally. Hoping to make some awesome progress today.

3 Likes

I fondly remember that pouch pattern you posted to help out at the women’s shelter…it was fast and functional and fun to make. It also inspired me to make pouches for my shelter here in Wilmington!

3 Likes

I was thinking about those yesterday! How funny! It was definitely fast! I have made a bunch for other things, too. But I wanted something…, I dunno… a bit more substantial (?) for this swap. :blush: I have a very awesome partner!

2 Likes

I went looking but couldn’t find that post, is it from deadster?

I also remembered I have this really excellent tutorial bookmarked from one of @PrincessP 's great projects. It is extremely clear & very beautifully finished, a fave for sure.

4 Likes

Yep. It was on deadster. Umm… probably 5 years ago or so.

I made 65 of these for a women’s shelter. Got lots of donations of zippers and fabric, too!! :heart::heart: This community is the BEST!!

7 Likes

Supercool!

Yay! My pouch is basically done! Just have a few little additions to make and my package is good to go!

2 Likes

I finally settled on a pattern, bought the materials and started sewing. The hardest part of any swap, for me, is my own taste. I go out with the intention to choose fabrics and patterns that I think the other person will like, but then my own weird preferences get in the way and I find myself doubting and second guessing.

1 Like

I picked up some more fillers yesterday and spent time doing housework today with the intention of working on this swap tomorrow!

1 Like

I think I fell into a hole of making things. I’m going to stop now & send this pile. I hope you like it all, partner, or enough to made for a reasonable swap pile at least, lol.

3 Likes

How delightful does that sound? A swap pile :heart_eyes: I can’t wait to see the gallery!

4 Likes

Ha! Turns out I wasn’t quite finished. What can I say? I just love sewing, lol :smile:

2 Likes

First couple attempts of what I wanted to make just didn’t work out, but last night at 2am (thank you SO much, neighbor’s barking dogs) I figured out the issue so attempt number 3 starts tonight!

1 Like

Done and sent. I could honestly have kept on crafting. I have to learn how to bookmark excess ideas for the next time I swap with someone who has an uber inspiring Q and Pins!

3 Likes

Yay! I’m probably going to send on the last day. My sewing machine is not cooperating right now.

Is anyone else having trouble finding an appropriately sized box? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I sent in a large cardboardy envelope meant for documents.

I was thinking of using a large bubble padded envelope.

We have some senders, so I just set up the gallery for the swap! I can’t wait to see the sewn goodness!

6 Likes

I sent today!!!

1 Like