Make a swap for EU-participants only?

I always write $5 or less for the value of a swap package, just in case duty may be applied, and also “gift”. It means any insurance would cover basically nothing but for me that’s preferable to my partner having to pay to receive my gift.

1 Like

I do the same thing, any crafted item is custom made for a person so imho the commercial value is basically 0. And it’s irreplaceable anyway, even if you would get some money back from insurance. I always make sure to specificy it’s a handmade gift. Any purchased extra’s might have some value but not much. I just make sure I avoid swaps like the book swap with mostly purchased items.

Oh and I’ve got an idea for a swap as well! I’d love to do a swap where everyone creates something that represents their country / culture. What I really like about Europe is that we’re such a tiny continent with totally open borders, and that a lot of us visit other EU-countries frequently, but we still manage to maintain such a variety of cultures, languages and traditions. In many places we even have several cultures, languages or regional identities within one country.

2 Likes