Mascarpone Bread Pudding

Oh that is good. I took my Lazy Microwaveable Bread Pudding recipe and added about 1 tablespoon of mascarpone to it. Oh yeah, that is real good.

Next time, I need to add the cheese to the melted butter…Unfortunately I melted both together…Though, I don’t think it matters, but I should try not to over heat it again, anyway.

This batch was made with some slices of a Hawaiian bread (as the store was out of brioche). Oh my, this is so good. Oh so so so good.

9 Likes

It looks very nice!

You need to do a recipe book of your “experiments”…I love how you start with a basic, use what you have, and then come up with something delicious!

I bet the sweetness of the Hawaiian bread made the difference.

Mmmm…love mascarpone.

You should definitely enter one of your baked creations in the Great Lettuce Craft Bake Off!

2 Likes

mmm yummy!

Hawaiian sweet bread is based on recipes from Portuguese immigrants. In Hawaii, you can get it with fruit mixed into the batter; pink guava bread, purple yam bread, bright yellow lilikoi bread; even rainbow bread with all the colors swirled together. That would be so pretty in a bread pudding!

1 Like

Say what? Hooohooo hoo! Welp, you just forced me into having to try something else, heh. Shutup stomach, you need to do other things right now.

1 Like