Meet Cantaloupe Helix Covington the 3rd

I dunno if anybody knows about long furby culture but I’ve become kind of obsessed. Lmfao. You gotta name them something weird. You basically get an old furby and you dissect it and take the face out, then you can customize it if you like. You figure out a pattern by just lengthening it in the right places. It’s common to accessorize them with necklaces and clothes and earings and stuff. Cantaloupe Helix Covington the 3rd is 88 cm long or just under a yard. (The length is also important)

Thank you for looking at my chyld. I’m gonna make him some accesories now and I still gotta get him some eyelashes. Lol

20 Likes

I’m expanding my understanding of furby culture…
Great fur!

1 Like

This is amazing. I had never heard about Long Furbies, but now I have. I looked them up and yours is very cool! I like the black belly!

1 Like

Thank you!

Wow, he’s so fluffy. I like his colours. How do you get him to sit up like that? Does he have a skeleton inside?

1 Like

Looks like he’s cosplaying the worm from Labyrinth!

3 Likes

Ok, that’s really fun!

1 Like

They do have a skeleton! Its just one long spine. It’s a doll armature spine. It sort of works like ball-jointed stuff. Its more stable I guess.

1 Like

Lol! I had no idea this was a thing! Yours is amazing. I love him.

1 Like

Thank yoouu. I appreciate that you appreciate my chyld~~~<3

This looks amazing. I am so impressed. I love that you can pose him all sorts of ways. Very cool, good job!

1 Like

Normally I am against ripping apart of stuffed animals to cannibalize it. Sorry, it just upsets my inner child, but in this case, I LOVE it! You made it even cuter. It reminds me of one of those fuzzy caterpillars. I also love that he is so pose-able!

1 Like

Cantaloupe Helix Covington the 3rd is magnificent!! I do hope you will post any accessories you make

1 Like

I just found out about the long furbies (thanks reddit), and knew immediately what this was! Great job! And what fun!!

1 Like

Oh dear lord :laughing: I have got to look up this culture because you’ve got me intrigued! Lol that’s awesome and so bizarre. Love the name.

1 Like

Thanks so muuuch!!

Yay! Thank you! In this case it was cathartic for me because furby scared the shit out of me as a kid so getting rid of the brain helped. :rofl: without a brain its suddenly much less disturbing. Also, I think a cat peed on the furby and I really think the guy who sold the original to me should have said that and sold it for less instead of just spraying it with perfume. It no longer worked because the inside speaker was corroded with cat pee. (Not the face but I sanitized the face anyway) I guess it doesn’t matter since I got rid of the body anyway but still. Lol. Well, I saved it from eventual utter destruction. The brain was not salvageable.

1 Like

Thanks! I probably will. Although I’m currently making a name necklace for them out of those alphabet beads because that’s sort of a main accesory for customized furbs and I want one. Lol!

2 Likes

Lol I’m glad somebody knows! Soon long furb culture will get bigger! Bwahahahaha

2 Likes

You have to look it up! It’s kinda like just having a hugable meme. I’ve made several disturbing TikToks with Them. Lol.

1 Like