"Meow" says Black Jack kitty

I find it quite funny that I hadn’t really enjoyed cross stitch very much, so hadn’t done any at all until I did my “Not Opes” hoop, now this is my 2nd swap I’ve included cross stitch in.

I saw this as a kit at Walmart and thought it was so cute! I substituted the cat in the pattern to make my partner in Common Ground’s sweet black cat Black Jack.

I completely underestimated the time this would take, even making it simpler with way less floss color changes by going black, but it’s definitely worth being an “extra large medium.” :scream_cat:

21 Likes

Yes, I love it so much! It’s already up on my wall <3

3 Likes

My cat is a tabby, so it would be much harder to stitch her up!

1 Like

I love how you altered this to make something really personal and special! :heart:

1 Like

Definitely hard to cross stitch with black…I always tend to miss a cross…lovely work and of course, I love black cats! Nice large project to me…it would have taken me days!!!

1 Like

This is SO AWESOME!!! You did such a great job.

2 Likes

I’m in love. Those peeking little eyes. It’s adorable. And I love the lettering at the top. You did a stellar job. Amazing swap project!

2 Likes

Very cute!!! :heart:

1 Like

It came out awesome! Cross stitch is a sloooooowwww craft.

1 Like

Eeeppp! So cute!

1 Like

You did a great job on this! I love the green eyes! Very nice cross stitching skills!

1 Like

What is it about a peeking kitty that’s just so cute and funny? This is great!

1 Like

nice! you did a great job with this.

1 Like

And…now I want to make some cross stitch. :joy: Love this!

1 Like

Love the little peekaboo! I always underestimate crafting time with cross stitch too

1 Like