Morning Coffee in My Tiny Garden Room

For the mini room swap I created this little French-inspired mini garden room. Lots of plants, and steaming coffee make a wonderful start to the morning.

The semi-spiral staircase was a challenge. I wanted it to look old and custom to the setting. Whew, after several trial runs I finally got what I wanted and then had to figure out how to support the silly thing. Do not look behind the curtain.

The plants were fun. Finding various beads, raiding my scanty stash of floral bits, a bit of paint, tissue paper flowers for the tree, and we have our potted garden. Remember to water!

Scrapbook papers, egg carton flagstones, toothpicks, and odd wood bits did the rest. The coffee cups are pony beads filled with clay and additional beads for handles. Layers of paint, lots and lots of glue were required.

29 Likes

This is darling, I love all the plants.

This is so pretty! You did an amazing job transporting the viewer to another world.

2 Likes

I really want to be small and have my coffee in this garden.

3 Likes

Very sweet!

1 Like

lovely!

1 Like

This is the sweetest! I love it!

1 Like

I love how you made the cups! So very clever!! But then again, I love IT ALL! Thank you so much for this charming little space, I love it!

I love that’s it’s tucked into the curve of the stairs. Charmant!

1 Like

This is so sweet!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Tiny Garden Room is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

Thank you!

I never would have guessed how you had made the cups if you hadn’t said. I like the tiles on the stair fronts. :hearts: Such a lovely little scene.

1 Like

Thank you. The tiles are just paint and a stamp. It’s fun faking stuff.

And I just remembered that the left wall is the thin pieces of wood we sliced off the craft room door to make it fit. We had taken it off 13 years ago and the house had settled a bit.

2 Likes

I kind of want to hang out here :hugs: x

The coffee is fantastic!

1 Like

This is adorable! I would love to have my morning coffee there.

1 Like

This is so amazing! You definitely succeeded with the old custom staircase!

1 Like

I LOVE this!!!
I wish I had joined that swap now.

1 Like

There’s always next time… :blush: