Mosaic geometric design blanket

I finally finished this blanket last night!!! I love the pattern. Wicker Wonder Mosaic Afghan.

Monkey is hiding under the blanket, which is fitting since he was constantly “helping” me throughout my time working on this.

Peekaboo!

Here he is sitting in the tote that was holding my skeins as I was working. It makes it hard to crochet when there’s too much tension on the yarn ball because a giant fluffy butt is “helping” :rofl:

24 Likes

oooh, kitty!

Pretty pattern! Does the color reverse on the back? Can you tell I don’t knit? Er, crochet?

1 Like

No, it’s not really reversible, though since this pattern uses what is called joined (or anchored) double crochet, the back looks nicer than it would without. I do like the back though, so I guess it depends on your personal preference/opinion :blush:

5 Likes

That is positively gorgeous! The pattern reminds me of bamboo, an impression that’s only amplified by your colour choices. Even the back is visually interesting. Well done!

2 Likes

WOW-EE! What a neat pattern; so precise and geometric! It reminds me of an exaggerated caning. I also really like the back for when one would want a little less POW.

2 Likes

Beautiful, front and back! Was the pattern difficult and how long did it take to make? You sure make some complex looking blankets…this one is exceptional to me!

1 Like

Thanks! The pattern wasn’t too difficult. It was a 43 row repeat, I had to repeat it five times. It was very well written, and I think it took me about 23 hours to make. The fringe was the worst part, mostly because it was so repetitive.

2 Likes

The design is so pretty. I love the colors too. Beautiful.

1 Like

Beautiful pattern, and I like to colors you chose.
Extra points for crocheting with cat helper :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gorgeous work! Looks so intricate
And monkey is adorbs

1 Like

I love the blue and white. can you share a link to the pattern? This looks right up my alley :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

I used this pattern.

I used my magic Mod powers to edit the link into your project post, so future admirers can find it easily. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. I should have done that myself. My emu brain is working a little slow today :crazy_face:

1 Like

Wow, I love this! The second photo is striking!

1 Like

This is gorgeous!!!

1 Like

This is gorgeous!

1 Like

So pretty. I really love the colors you used. And your helper is gorgeous too.

1 Like