COMPLETE Mug Rug Swap Gallery

So many fabulous mug rugs! The cat is so so cute and, oh wow, the turtle is amazing!

3 Likes

So many perfect little hexis!

2 Likes

I am so impressed with these mug rugs. I don’t know how to sew and now I want to learn!

5 Likes

Oh my goodness, those last two mug rugs are so gorgeous! Such lush colors and pretty designs!! <3

1 Like

WOW! This gallery has been a joy to peruse!

1 Like

I recieved a fabulous mug rug from @roler today!

A delightful interpretation of my fairs/carnivals theme. It is brighter in person! I grew up around fairs, and with so many being cancelled or held quite differently, it’s a nice reminder of the BC days.

She also made my rug reversible:

Maps was another one of my themes. Love me some travel! She also included some extra fabric:

This swap was a great pick-me-up! Thank you so much, @roler! You really brightened my day.

12 Likes

Hooray, I’m so glad you like it!! I changed my entire idea for this thing so many times that I was worried I might be losing focus entirely, but I’m actually really pleased with how it turned out! This was my first time using fusible interfacing like that and I really enjoyed doing it! I’m going to have to do this applique technique again!

3 Likes

What a fun mug rug! I love the red/turquoise colors…and that bunting!

Also, the map fabric is fabulous!

3 Likes

Wow! Such a fun mug rug from @roler!! I love the bunting and the background fabric.

3 Likes

OOO carnivals and maps. What fun in a rug!

And I received from @Renstar. She couldn’t find the fabric she was planning on using so she went with sunshine!

It’s so cheery and bright, and the hand stitching set’s everything off just beautifully. And a black polka dot border. My tea and biscuits have never been happier. I will especially treasure this winter when it gets dark at 4 and I need a nice hot cup of tea.

11 Likes

Oooo…so bright and cheery. I agree, the hand stitching is stellar @Renstar!

1 Like

I love the modern feel and the cheery colors!

2 Likes

I received from @Noodle
We are both Discworld fans and she made this super cute Great A’Tuin with a quote from Small Gods “The turtle moves”

She also sent some cool extras like crochet flowers and postcards.

Thanks noodle!

10 Likes

Ooo! How awesome! And interesting construction, too @noodle!

1 Like

I love the TM style binding of that mug rug! It gives it a more “artsy” flair…lovely work and the colors are fabulous as well…

3 Likes

I’m so glad you like it!

1 Like

I spent ages trying to find the other fabric, so much so that I left this until the final weekend and then had a panic about what to do. These bright fabrics jumped out and asked me to use them.

The hand stitching was quite therapeutic, and also a result of not having the energy to pack down my office work station and set up the sewing machine to put it all back up a day later.

I’m glad you like it

5 Likes

As an old boss used to say “necessity is the mother of invention”. I find that having to make do because I can’t find what I really want to use can be very creative!

5 Likes

Oh, goodness, that mug rug from @Renstar is just such a beautiful bit of sunshine! I love it!

And I have no idea what Small Gods is, but the mug rug that @Noodle made with the turtles is just gorgeous.

4 Likes

My mug rug from @geekgirl finally arrived! She went with my Moomin theme, to match my favourite coffee mugs - and in bright pink which is one of my house colours :smile:

She also included this super cute card, it’s sparkly!!

12 Likes