COMPLETE - Mug Rug Swap Round 2 (s/o 3/31) - GALLERY

Mug rug made by @photojenn

ORIGINAL THREAD

:ship: Shipped
:flight_arrival: Received
:telephone_receiver: Late w/communication
:no_bell: Late/ no communication - contact organizer!
:raised_hands: Swap complete!

:raised_hands: AIMR :ship: :flight_arrival: <-> endymion :ship: :flight_arrival:
:raised_hands: Renstar :ship: :flight_arrival: β†’ Annchen :ship: :flight_arrival:
:raised_hands: MistressJennie :ship: :flight_arrival: <-> MightyMitochondria :ship: :flight_arrival:
:raised_hands: Ewulotta :ship: :flight_arrival: <-> Magpie :ship: :flight_arrival:
:raised_hands: Cindy :ship: :flight_arrival: <-> jemimah :ship: :flight_arrival:
:raised_hands: Kwality570 :flight_arrival: :ship: <-> AudiobookLover :ship: :flight_arrival:
:raised_hands: Abbeeroad :ship: :flight_arrival: <-> Magpie :ship: :flight_arrival:

3 Likes

I received the most amazing mug rug from @AudiobookLover for my rainbow theme + black and white with pops of color theme.

The thread is a gorgeous variegated metallic rainbow and makes me sooo happy!

Look at the back!

And she tossed in some fabric leftover from her amazing wildflower wallet

:

12 Likes

Oh wow, it’s fantastic! Love the colours!

3 Likes

Oh, goodness! I love the rainbow sunshine and the black and white background fabric is the perfect choice to set it off.

4 Likes

I love everything about that mug rug :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

What a wonderful way to start our gallery! The black and white scrappy background is just wonderful. I love the square with the birds peeking through the sun rays! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Love love love love!

3 Likes

Great start! The colors are so cheerful!

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone!
I’m so glad you like it, @Kwality570 :blush:. I really enjoyed making it for you!

4 Likes

Beautiful mug rug! The colours :heart_eyes: and the I’m a maker section.

4 Likes

I received the most lovely scrappy mug rug from @MightyMitochondria! She took my ideas of rainbow and scrappy, and combined them perfectly with her own desire to try a ticker tape style. Every bit is hand stitched to perfection. Seriously, the hand stitched mitered corners are a work of art!

Thank you so much Rose! I love it, and I especially love that it’s the first swap item in my new home. I haven’t decided where it will live yet. Instead I’ve been carrying it around the house to wherever I’m unpacking boxes at the moment, to cheer myself amidst the chaos.

11 Likes

Rose is always taking scraps to a new level…this is just beautiful composed and executed.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!! The rainbow scrappiness is so you, Jennie. But did you say hand-stitched mitered corners?! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Oh my, that is truly magnificent! The hand stitching, wow!

1 Like

Yay! @MistressJennie I am so glad I can help you add a splash of color to your new home. @AudiobookLover I love that we interpreted rainbow in completely different ways. That is why swaps are so fun!

3 Likes

Wow! Both of these are gorgeous! Love the fabric choices and the graphic design of both.

3 Likes

So many different scraps! I like the layout of the colors. That black background definitely makes all the colors pop!

3 Likes

Wow @AudiobookLover and @MightyMitochondria, I love these rainbow mug rugs!! They’re both absolutely fantastic :heart: :rainbow:

3 Likes

Both of these are so bright and cheery! Great work.

4 Likes

I received a beautiful mug rug from @Kwality570 today. You all will never guess what she sent me, it made me smile as soon as I saw it…she sent me a rainbow sunshine mug rug!!! :smile:

I really like the alternating quilting on each of the sun rays and look at that topstitching along the edge of the sun - perfection! I love the stamped sentiment and the yellow stitching around it really makes it pop! Everything about this mug rug makes me smile!

Not only did she send me a mug rug, but she also sent me the cutest extra!

8 Likes