COMPLETE - Mug Rug Swap Round 2 (signup 2/15-2/24; send out 4/3!)

I had a rare sun-day today! One of the cats was shouting at me on my lunch break so I put her harness on and gave her (and me) a short break in the sun.

In other news. Not much happening on the embellishment front. I found a useable pattern in one of my books and I spent one training session and a project meeting winding yarn. Nearly done with that part. Hopefully this yarn will work as intended, otherwise it’s back to stash shopping.

3 Likes

Spring flowers!

2 Likes

Ooh, the mention of spring flowers made me think of all the bright orange poppies that I recently saw popping up alongside the freeway. That is definitely one of my spring favorites! A bit of beauty along a drive is always a nice thing!

5 Likes

My mug rug is going well so far! Going to make some more progress tonight during some well deserved sewing machine time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have my mug rug packaged up and almost ready to go. I just need to go to pirateship and print a postage label.

4 Likes

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

1 Like

I started constructing the different elements for the embellisment. Thing 1 of at least four done. Might as well make it eight or twelve… We’ll see. The pattern appears to be working so far.

3 Likes

I made decent progress today. Ran it by a co-conspirator and got the thumbs up so hopefully that’s good! Brainstorming another component for another day…maybe tomorrow!

3 Likes

I am in the studio but it’s freezing in here, brrr! My fingers feel too cold to sew.

3 Likes

I look forward to the longer days in spring, and the blossoms on trees :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

I hate when I feel too cold to be productive! I picked up an β€˜XL Extra-Long Back & Neck Heating Pad’ for times when I feel chilly. I think l’ve worn it in the intended style once, now it just sits on the seat of my chair and I turn it on any time I want a little extra warmth. It’s helped me craft on nights when I normally would have declared it too chilly to work.

2 Likes

I tripped a breaker, space heater + computer + iron = oops!

4 Likes

80 degrees here…I might be done with mine by this afternoon… :grin:

2 Likes

I am done! I kind of want to keep it, lol, even though I’m not into the same fandom. I hope it’s β€œphishy” enough!

3 Likes

I’m sure it will be great! He’s going to be so surprised, I can’t wait to see his face.

2 Likes

One down, one to go!

3 Likes

I’m nearly done, just finishing touches to do, whilst I wait for a last minute purchase to arrive!

2 Likes

Mine is packed and going into the mail tomorrow!

1 Like

I’m done! Going to pack up and send tomorrow. I love these flat crafts that can go as lettermail.
Hey, what size did y’all go with? I read the description and was totally shocked at how large they can be. Before this I always just made them like an extra long coaster.

3 Likes

I put a mug and saucer plate on mine…a drink and a snack…so, I usually make mine about 12x8 or so. I try not to make them placemat size…more narrow and long . I think it depends on what you want to embellish with.

1 Like