COMPLETE - Mug Rug Swap Round 2 (signup 2/15-2/24; send out 4/3!)

I have a plan, but haven’t started yet. I ordered some fabric last week and might use one of them in my mug rug, but other than that, I have all my fabrics, I just need to go through and choose the ones I’ll be using.
My next step is to draw out my plan so I’ll have a template to go off of. So far, it’s looking great in my mind. Now to get it out of my head and into reality!

4 Likes

I’m debating between two patterns and have it on my to do list for later this week.

4 Likes

I have a plan, some fabrics and a whole load of procrastination!!!

But a plan is a good starting point!

4 Likes

I have supplies and have a tentative plan. But it would be a new thing for me, so I may need to find a Plan 2.0. In case this one flops.

3 Likes

Dang it.

3 Likes

Oh no! I hope you recover quickly!

2 Likes

I thought that was a pregnancy test at first :smiley:

5 Likes

I started pulling out supplies after my chat with husband, and found a few promising ones in stash. I’ve got a good start, but I’m re-thinking my original construction idea somewhat. There are a lot of unknown factors in this method, but I hope it will work out!

2 Likes

Oh no @Magpie!!! Rest and relax!

Everyone’s ideas sound so intriguing!! I’m excited to see what you’re all cooking up.

1 Like

I’m still in the planning stages but I’m hoping to get started this weekend!

4 Likes

Hope you recover quickly, @Magpie!

2 Likes

Oh no, @Magpie! I hope you recover quickly.

I tried a new technique and finished the top of the mug rug. I am pretty happy with it overall. However, I accidentally made the mug rug more like an area rug. Bigger than expected. Oh well. That leaves room for an extra large mug and plenty of snacks.

5 Likes

I finished the first part of my mug rug. Next comes the unpredictable part :sweat_smile: I think I’ll save it until the weekend.

4 Likes

I’m still in Perth for a couple of days, but I’m so keen to bust out my newly repaired sewing machine when I get home! Lots of ideas and lots of sewing time planned :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

I’ve created my pattern and I’m super excited to start working on the actual mug rug!

3 Likes

Oh no @Magpie! I hope you’re better now!
I have a plan and a draft and I bought something that I might need. I had to finish marking class tests and term papers first. Now I’m all ready to get started :muscle:

3 Likes

I am recuperating, at least I can sit up today.

6 Likes

I have made a start! :grin:

2 Likes

Today I got started with the next step.

First try: Nope

Second try: Getting there, but not quite right.

Third try: in progress.

If this turns out as intended I can start figuring out embellishments.

4 Likes

I’m curious to see what you’re coming up with!

1 Like