Multiple finishes! Zepplins, Bowl Cozies, and Mug Rugs, OH MY!

My BFF and her daughter’s birthdays are very close together, so we celebrated last night! We took her granddaughter to Disneyland for the first time in Sept, and all over the park we’d go into a store, and ask if she wanted anything, and every time she’d say no, it’s ok. FINALLY, I swear this is related to the makes, lol, she chose a plushie of Mike and Sully from Monster’s Inc. When we all got into bed that night, Jonni hopped up and brought Shannon and I each one of the plushies and told us we needed to sleep with them because they were besties just like “Monkey” (Shannon) and I. lol. CUTEST THING EVER. So I made she and I matching Zepplin pouches (Pattern by Sew Sweetness).

I also made a set of bowl cozies for each of them. I’m not sure I’m in love with the sizes TBH. Anyone else make these? And if so, what general sizes do you make for people?

And lastly, matching mug rugs…I don’t know why I hate that people call them mug rugs, but I do…lol. Mini Mats? Tea Tinies? Cringey Coasters?? ROFL Anyway…lol.

I also made this jankie ass, lopsided monstrosity quite some time ago, and Jonni fell in love with it so I gave it to her despite my disdain for it’s dilapidated state. lol. She crammed all of her mother’s presents into it and very proudly carried it out of the restaurant. lol. At least I did the fussy cutting well, everything else…not so much LOL.

Front:

Back:

It was a busy week! <3 <3 <3

14 Likes

I love the Monsters Inc pouches!! It’s one of my favourite movies. Just yesterday I told a friend she had to watch it because she’s 48 and has never seen it (such a shame)

2 Likes

You have been busy!

I have received microwave bowl holders and even made them for myself…the size I prefer is the size of a small corningware cereal bowl…about the size of your hands cupped. It is the size I use the most…I have received larger ones but they aren’t really deep enough for the large bowls so I use them as baskets to hold other things.

It is nice to give a set and then ask the person which size they use the most…hubby uses his for ice cream bowls…

Love your choice of bright colors in your projects…the purples are especially appealing to me!

3 Likes

So pretty! And I love the fabrics you chose!

3 Likes

Love the pouches! I’ve tried zippered things a handful of times and have never been really happy with how they came out, but yours look awesome!

3 Likes

What a great assortment of finished fabric items! I really love the Zeppelin pouches. Might have to add that to my repertoire!

And, the bowl cozies have such cheery fabrics. Like @AIMR, I use the smallest size the most. I did recently buy a larger one, even though I could have made it myself. But, it was made with a fabric I liked, it supported a local craftsperson, and I didn’t have to take the time to do it. But, I don’t use it as much as the small ones.

4 Likes

oh I would like that size. I bought a set of bowl cozies (and finger tip oven/microwave mitts) from a fund raiser and they are huge. I end up not using them because they don’t store conveniently anywhere near my microwave.

3 Likes

I am curious how people store these as well…we just put them in a drawer with our potholders and trivets. The drawer is under our wall oven but not close to the microwave…I often forget about them because if it…maybe they need to start making microwaves with storage…

3 Likes

Ooh, those green & purple colorsets are really nice!

4 Likes

We usually sit them on top of the microwave, because if we don’t, we forget them, lol. So as unsightly as it might be, that’s where they sit, longingly waiting to be held…lol

2 Likes

We have a built in one above the cook top…there are cabinets above but I can’t reach and my hubby forgets…

2 Likes

Ok ok ok ok…what about a silicone hammock below the microwave that holds them!! lol. KIDDING of course. That’s how our kitchen is in our actual house. Those ones get tossed into the cabinets above the kitchen counter with the actual bowls, And they squish up really small, so it works out. I spend a lot of time with my family though, and those just get tossed on top of the microwave, as it is free standing on an island. =)

3 Likes

I have the same issue

2 Likes

Gorgeous mini mats with those greens and purples. All of the things you made are awesome and I don’t see any lopsidedness.

1 Like

You have been busy! Love everything. The colors you chose for the mug rugs are fab. I don’t own a microwave so no help here. LOL!

1 Like