My wedding photo burned on 12x12 wood

Every year, Mr sbc and I celebrate two anniversaries. July 2 is our wedding anniversary, and January 2 is the anniversary of when we first got together.

This January 2 we will be celebrating 19 years together. I was 19 when we started dating… so we’ve been together for half of my life! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (how am I old enough for this to be?! :scream: :joy:)

My dad and I spent hours trying to figure out how to burn a photo on his laser engraver, we even tried a new program, but that one will take a lot longer to learn (think going from MS paint to Photoshop with absolutely no instructions). We still have more learning to do, but this isn’t horrible for a first attempt! I like that it looks like a pencil drawing.

—-
I thought I’d add the photo we edited to use for this burn.

In color:

In black and white:

23 Likes

I like the pencil drawing look! Very cool.

1 Like

That’s all burned? Amazing!

1 Like

It’s perfect!

1 Like

Yes, burned with a laser engraver. I wish I could do this kind of art by hand, but I’ve never taken an drawing classes and I haven’t tried my pyrography pen to attempt anything close to this detailed.

2 Likes

I added the actual photo we used to the post.

We hired a photographer that was horrible. This is the best photo he got of us. Thankfully we had plenty of family and friends there with cameras, and so we got some nice candids and a few poses with others.

1 Like

This is a lovely photo! And the burned version looks great too!

1 Like

What a wonderful memento of your wedding and your anniversaries!

1 Like

I read … my wedding photo burned … and gasped, before my brain saw the rest. Nice burning :smiley:

Groan, I just realized I’ve been reading your user name wrong all this time. I saw STOREboughtcreation, not STORERboughtcreation

1 Like

You aren’t the only one that has read it wrong. My mom came up with the clever name for me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wow, amazing! And you look beautiful.

1 Like

Awww, thank you :hearts:

This is amazing! The pencil drawn look is really cool!

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

HEY-OH! Your fabulous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I never thought I’d get two featured projects in the same week! I feel honored. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: