Neat little trick for not losing your scissors

My daughter saw this on tiktok, and it’s simple and genius. It’s one of those retractable ID key/badge holder thingys, attached to a convenient spot near your machine.

Then when you need the scissors, pull it towards you

It’s always there and it can’t walk or get lost. This isn’t the very best location for me, if I could attach it overhead so it hangs down closer to the machine, it would be better, but it’s still genius.

15 Likes

Yes! So smart! I have some of these retractable thingies from our recent Disney trip. I’m going to do it!

2 Likes

Clever!
(Toddling off to look for suitable attachment points…)

1 Like

Cool hack… thank you for sharing! :blush:

1 Like

Now I’m picturing you hanging one of those kitchen ceiling pot hanger things above your table with all manner of tools and doodads attached on retractable pulls and underneath you work like a fevered creative mad-scientist creating up a storm.

6 Likes

What a good idea! I’ve saved those retractable things in the past since they seem like they could have another use-- and here one is! I’d actually love this for keeping track of scissors in the kitchen haha, they have a tendency to wander off.

7 Likes

That is brilliant! I bet there’s a Command style adhesive thing that could attach the gizmo near the machine on just about any surface!

3 Likes

What a great idea!!!

And welcome, @Natalily !

2 Likes

That’s a cool idea! I have snips on a string I wear around my neck but sometimes that gets a little stabby :scissors: :drop_of_blood: :adhesive_bandage:

2 Likes

Clever!

Mine are on hooks next to my sewing machine. But, my small teflon scissors always seem to be somewhere else…maybe I will see if this will work for them! Hope you find a spot that works for you!

That would be fabulous!!

2 Likes

Welcome to Lettuce Craft @Natalily!

1 Like

There are hooks for the ceiling, just saying :smiley:

1 Like

I like wearing a small pair of scissors on a ribbon or chain around my neck so I don’t lose them. I either use a blunt tipped pair, or one with a sheath so I don’t stab myself in the boob. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I have hooks, magnets, neck ribbon (@Magpie and @MistressJennie are right, sometimes inconveniently stabby) and a retractable zippy line. The only thing ive reliably found to work for me is to have 165478 pairs of scissors.

When they are all lost, time to clean the slothcave.

3 Likes

I hesitated to say that I never lose my scissors…but only because I also have a lot and in every room and drawer and container… they never leave the room they are in…

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:
Wanted to say the exact same thing for the same reason. :rofl:

1 Like

I have a load of pairs too, but I put them down, I don’t move, but when I want them next they have vanished under the fabric, into a black hole, or time warp or something

3 Likes

Ah–your not losing them…they just walk away and disappear… :laughing: I get that! I know mine are in my sewing room, but they could be on the ironing board, the chair, and even in the window sill…I might get an Apple tracker for them…lol

Yes. This. Exactly this.

1 Like