Nerd Games Discussion Thread

Yup, I’ve got all swap items and WIPs going on right now, so not much to show yet!

2 Likes

I kept getting Journey stuck in my head, so I decided I had to go with :microphone: Don’t Stop Beleafing. It was a hard choice though. :grin:

1 Like

I am also going with Don’t Stop Be-Leafing! The changing of the leaves and kicking through a pile of fallen leaves on the sidewalk are some of my favorite things in the fall :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your dodo headed, emu brained Nerd Games captain forgot to post the first advent prompt for the season. It is supposed to be posted every Sunday, so please, do not hesitate to send me a message if I haven’t posted by Monday. There will be a total of 12 prompts in all. Thank you @craftADDchick for reminding me this week! I appreciate it!

The October 3 Advent prompt is: * Oct 3 - migration - craft something that has feathers, that has a bird, that changes colors, that either travels (i.e. mail envelope) or is used for traveling.

2 Likes

I added the second advent prompt a day early. Enjoy!

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 7 active players! A total of 25 projects have been posted.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Don’t Stop Beleafing 3 13 600 200
So Corn-fused 2 6 280 140
Gourd of the Rings 2 6 240 120

Battle Royale Results:

October # Crafted Results
Falling Leaves 5 WINNER!
Pine Needles 0
November # Crafted Results
Pen
Sword
December # Crafted Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds!

1 Like

I don’t want anyone to miss out on this great thread so I thought I would share it here too.

4 Likes

Would anyone like a “Jar” of Whimsy? (Various miniatures, weird, and random small things.) I say “Jar,” but it will be a box of some sort for safer shipping. I have too much! If there is such a thing! Here is my whimsy wall. It won’t include anything pictured, but items of the sort. I could send out up to two! If anyone wants a little box of fun and surprise, let me know and I’ll mail them next week. No conditions or reciprocation necessary!

3 Likes

I would love a box of whimsy if available, what fun! :heart:

2 Likes

Yay! I’ll message you for your address!

1 Like

Wow! I’m impressed that you were able to fill up 3 of those displays! I have one, and I don’t have enough for it, just yet. My mom filled hers up years ago by very diligently looking for items. I tend to get items as I randomly run across them, which explains why mine isn’t done. Not that I have a spot to hang it right now, anyway! I actually downloaded the photo of yours so I could really look at what you have. It looks like you have some neat vintage items in there!

I’ll have to think about where I could hang mine so I can start collecting for it again :slight_smile: But, I’m not ready yet, so I’m not requesting a box… tempting as it is :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I just can’t resist tiny weird and cute stuff! It’s my favorite wall in the house. Sometimes I just stand there and look at everything and feel happy. :smiley:

Let me know if you want me to send you some stuff in the future!

2 Likes

I totally know what you mean!

And, thanks for the offer! I will definitely keep it in mind!

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 8 active players! A total of 64 projects have been posted.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Don’t Stop Beleafing 4 38 1120 280
So Corn-fused 2 14 540 270
Gourd of the Rings 2 12 380 190

Battle Royale Results:

October # Crafted Results
Falling Leaves 5 WINNER!
Pine Needles 0
November # Crafted Results
Pen 4 WINNER!
Sword 2
December # Crafted Results
Sleigh Bells
Slay Belles

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds!

3 Likes

OMGosh. If you still have some you’re trying to rehome, sign me up, please! :heart:

1 Like

Yay! Of course! I’ll message you.

1 Like

I’m sorry I haven’t been active the past few months.

1 Like

I haven’t been very active, either! I do have a couple of items to post, but I need some better light and I’ve been getting home after dark. I’m reviewing my rather ambitious project list, and I need to swap some things out for more achievable goals (I’m definitely not going to get a room divider made in the next 2 weeks!).

I need to knuckle down and focus on gifts. We’re not exchanging gifts in my family, but I need some co-worker gifts, so I need to get busy on those. Plus, I have a few random gifts to make. I need to get myself a bit more organized so I have it down in my brain what I’m making.

1 Like

You still have plenty of time to post! The season closes at the end of the month. The only two prompts you can’t post for are the October and November battles. All of the prompts, including the 12 advent prompts, are still open!

I feel like I haven’t posted much, either. But once the 12 Days swap gifts are open, I’ll have 8 projects to post for that. I also have a few more I can share after @roler gets her gifts.

I do hope you’ll pick the punny team that strikes your fancy and share :blush:

2 Likes

I’ll also have a lot more to post after Christmas :slight_smile:

2 Likes