Nerd Games Discussion Thread

I’m not the only one who lost track of the previous year it seems, but things are a bit better now so I hope I can be more creative now :smiley:

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I can’t even keep track of days. I thought yesterday was Friday. I thought New Year’s Day was on Saturday. My NYE was a lie :rofl:

4 Likes

I thought today was Sunday.

2 Likes

I plan on joining in again this year. I fell off for Fall. Just too much going on. I crafted a lot but didn’t post most of it.

4 Likes

Yay! Welcome back @geekgirl!!!

2 Likes

In case anyone is interested. They are taking swap suggestions again. :grinning:

2 Likes

Should we be the Geek Games?! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I thought that we used the term Geek Games once on the old site and then switched over to Nerd. I’m not 100% sure, and I can’t find anything to support it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I think my username shows my preference :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe our summer round can be the Geek Games or Geek Battle since we usually do something bigger for it? What does everyone think?

2 Likes

Eh, I reject the entire hierarchy; to me, all three are distinct (though not necessarily mutually exclusive) categories, not subsets of each other.

I primarily identify as a nerd, so a Geek Battle doesn’t inherently jump out at me – but I’d probably join it anyway :laughing:.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with the definitions in this hierarchy, but I feel like I sometimes fit all three of them :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh geez. I forgot to create the team roster before opening the games. Sorry about that! I’m going to put it at the bottom of the game rules, aka the very first comment of the winter thread. :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

Team Roster and Checklist

Like I mentioned, the checklist and roster are now found at the very bottom of the first comment of the Winter Games. Below the rules. I feel like such a dodo head. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hey everyone! @storerboughtcreation wanted to have a Nerd Games Swap and asked me to organize it. We would still have to vote on it, like all the other swaps. But I wanted to let you know so you can keep tabs on it.

5 Likes

Cool! Thank you. I switched teams and I was wondering who was on it with me. Apparently no one. Bahaha! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Oooh, yeah, we’ll all have to remember to vote for the Nerd Games Swap!! :slight_smile:

And I’m also hoping to craft even more this year. I have SO many things I want to make, I’ll never make a dent if I’m not crafting all the time! So far I’ve been pretty productive this year, so I’ll try to keep it up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Possible Upcoming Events?

Swap:

Last year we discussed when we should do a Nerd Games swap, and agreed to wait until Winter 2021. We have to still suggest it, vote on it, and have it approved, just like any other swap. So please don’t forget to vote after swap suggestions close on January 18. @Gozer has agreed to organize the swap and has entered it for voting. You can see her post a few comments above this.

Raffle

Spring season is when we agreed to hold our yearly raffle, but I’d like to do things a little different this time around.

In order to ensure we have enough prize offerings to make the raffle fun and give everyone a fair chance to win a prize, I’d like to wait to hold the raffle until we have a minimum of 10 prizes donated.

If you are interested in donating a raffle prize, please send me a PM. I will keep track of every commitment to donate. Once we have reached 10 donations, I will contact everyone to make sure they’re still able to make a donation (we all know things can change quickly. Sometimes we run out of time, sometime we’re short on cash and can’t afford shipping… life happens!), I will announce that the raffle will be held the following season (for example, we get 10 prize donations by April 2021 (during spring season). The raffle would then be held during the summer season).

Keep in mind that you don’t have to craft a physical item to offer for the raffle. Crafting supplies are often popular as well. Fabric remnants, scraps of paper, embellishments, thread, yarn, hoops… Any of those would be appreciated by someone.

So please… Message me to let me know if you have something you’d like to offer (you don’t have to tell me what it is, just that you guarantee you will be offering a future prize). Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I’ve already heard from several of you. We have four prize donations to go before we reach 10! So close! Thank you, everyone!

3 Likes

Spring Season Raffle

We already have 10 prizes donated! If you would still like to offer a prize please do so! Just send me a PM. We will hold the raffle next season, and we will accrue tickets during that season only. With the bump in free ranges, there is the potential to earn 34 tickets for the season. We may also offer a few extra ways to earn tickets. I will keep you updated :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes