Nerd Games Discussion Thread

That stinks that you lost power, but at least you were prepared! I don’t have a generator, yet, but I really should invest in one (I do have a Coleman stove & fuel). I just know that it’ll be more expensive than the cost of the generator because I’m sure that any electrician worth their salt will recommend an upgrade to my electrical “system.”

In the 2008 ice storm, I ended up gettiing a new oil burner (insurance paid for most of it)- I had no power for days, and stayed with family, and we drained the water from the pipes before I left. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the ancient, asbestos-covered, inefficient oil burner had a broken “low water” sensor, so when the power came back on, the oil burner fired up (empty of water), and cracked. When I returned home and turned the water back on, the boiler turned on, and the basement flooded up with hot, steamy water. So, I stayed with friends until the new boiler was installed (after some asbestos removal). It was quite an ordeal!

So, yes… I probably should pony up the $$ for a generator… especially because I live in an area that tends to get whacked whenever there is bad weather!

2 Likes

I wanted to let you all know I am still participating and have all my projects done for Feb, but they are swap items so I am waiting to post them. Sending 3 out today, but one is overseas. I am excited about more prompts! These Games mean so much to me. They keep me motivated and on track even when I don’t have swaps. Thank you all so much for this. I know I have been less active lately, but life got a bit hectic and I will be back.

4 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

Ack! Baby Monkey was four weeks old here, and this was his first photo shared one year ago as the new mascot. He only weighed 1.3 pounds then. He’s now over 13 pounds! Our little mascot is all grown up :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So far this season, we have 12 active players! A total of 98 projects have been posted, including 12 big time projects, and 3 research projects!

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 2 25 1420 710
Knotty by Nature 3 21 620 206
Paletteable Art 2 13 450 225
Bits and Bobs 5 25 1040 208

Battle Royale Results:

January # Results
Blizzard 9 WINNER!
Sleet 1
February # Results
Reduce 6 WINNER!
Reuse 1
March # Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I promise I have projects in the pipeline, Bits and Bobbers! They’re just waiting for swaps and/or I want to see the March prompts before I submit them.

2 Likes

I keep forgetting that I changed teams this round from Bits and Bobs to Running With Scissors and each time I submit a prompt I have to remind myself!

1 Like

March prompts are a go!

2 Likes

I love the March Prompts!

And, even though I had a vacation in there, I totally fell on my face with projects (sorry Team Bits and Bobs!). I did get my afghan finished, so there’s that, but I had so many other things planned. I started 2, but still have to finish them… Now that we’re back to hybrid, it’s a smidgen easier and because I have to front-load my planning, I have a little breathing room at the end of the week before I have to plan for the next week!

After going on a very strange and possibly stressful journey, @storerboughtcreation, look what arrived!

Thanks! I love it!

5 Likes

I’m so glad it finally made it!

1 Like

Yikes, how come it’s already mid-March??

This year is already doing my head in.

Question for.all of you (but Cosplayers in particular: My twins want Sonic Screwdrivers. The ones they want are 10th (and possibly 11th) Doctor… The problem is that they are going quite expensive on eBay, and only the 13th Doctor’s sonic screwdriver is readily available.

I’m not sure if that’s actually possible to craft (obviously they want the noise and the light!).

Any suggestions much appreciated! :wink::hugs:

FYI - In case anyone missed it, the next round of swap ideas are up!

1 Like

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season we had a total of 12 active players! A total of 190 projects were posted, including 17 big time projects and 5 research projects!

Running with Scissors 2 57 2000 1000
Knotty by Nature 3 58 2170 723
Paletteable Art 2 36 1030 515
Bits and Bobs 5 39 1450 290

Congratulations team Running with Scissors on your win!

Battle Royale Results:

January # Results
Blizzard 9 WINNER!
Sleet 1
February # Results
Reduce 6 WINNER!
Reuse 1
March # Results
Leprechaun 4 WINNER!
Pot of Gold 1

The fun continues over in the Spring Nerd Games. Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

ETA:
I almost forgot! A special shout out to @Lynx, and @roler for CRAFTING ALL THE THINGS!

3 Likes

Raffle

Hi everyone! I have a few raffle items posted already in the Spring Games. Clicking the blue “raffle” at the beginning of this post will bring you directly to the raffle prize section of the spring season games.

If you have previously committed to offering a prize, or would like to do so now, please be sure to either PM me with a prize photo and details. Remember, your prize offering doesn’t have to be a finished item. You can also offer up notions, patterns, or really anything you feel your fellow crafty nerds would enjoy!

Please have raffle donations submitted by June 15th. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask. If you read the raffle rules and feel I’ve missed anything or left any information out, please let me know so I can fix any issues.

Thank you all for such a wonderful season. I look forward to seeing what you share in the Spring Games! :nerd_face::hearts:

4 Likes

Congrats to the winners :smiley: first three months were months with little crafting for me, next month will be better for me and my crafting, will so join the next round

2 Likes

We look forward to you joining us!

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been in a crafting slump for the last term! Hoping to remedy this this time round.

@storerboughtcreation and @roler - hope to be back for our crafty zoom as well!

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder that today is the last day of April. You have about 5.5 hours to get in your battle if you’re trying to craft as much as possible for more raffle tickets. Monkey says to put on your zoomie face and get crafting! :joy:

5 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 8 active players! A total of 38 projects have been posted, including 2 big time projects, and 3 research projects!

Running with Scissors 2 12 440 220
Knotty by Nature 3 11 360 120
Paletteable Art 2 9 330 165
Bits and Bobs 5 14 490 98

Battle Royale Results:

April # Results
Ready Made 1
Some Assembly Required 6 WINNER!
May # Results
Garden Flowers
Wild Flowers
June # Results
TBD
TBD

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

This may just be a problem on my computer, but when I tried to check my tracking sheet, I got an error message from Google Sheets about not having permission to view it. Not a big deal – I was just confirming my official Zap count – but I wanted to flag it.

1 Like

Thanks. I hit something weird and I knew it messed something up, but couldn’t figure out what. I will try to fix it in the morning. Thank you for the heads up!