Nerd Games Discussion Thread

I’m such a sucker for @geekgirl’s work, and I won the mini canvases! Wooo!

4 Likes

My Nerds!!! Long time no see! I’m so glad the Nerd Games has carried on, and want to whole-heartedly thank the crew who took up the reins! I appreciate everyone who was so understanding of my abrupt absence in the before times, and am so glad the Games didn’t fizzle.

Thanks to bunny1kenobi and storer for reaching out, too, and catching me up! I’ve been so out of the loop, I didn’t even know LC existed until last week! :disappointed_relieved: I’m going to try to post some projects, and life is also Very Hectic, so I definitely won’t be able to be as involved as I used to be. I want craftiness and the Games to have a place in my life again, though! I’ve missed all of you and am glad to be back in some form!

11 Likes

Soooo happy to see you here again, LovelyMiss! We missed you too! :slight_smile: And no worries; whatever you have time for is fine. Looking forward to seeing some crafty goodness from you!

1 Like

Yay! Welcome back! We missed you!

2 Likes

YAAAAAY! So thrilled to see you back!!! :grin::star_struck::hugs:

3 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 9 active players! A total of 24 projects have been posted.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 3 8 300 100
Knotty by Nature 4 13 400 100
Paletteable Art 0 0 0 0
Bits and Bobs 2 3 60 30

Battle Royale Results:

July # Results
Hotels 5 WINNER!
RVs 4
August # Results
TBD
TBD
September # Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Last fall, we did different team names for the season. We had:

Resting Grinch Face
Gingerbread Mayhem
Up to Snow Good
Raking and Entering

We still have two months left of the summer season, but I’m starting to think ahead. Do we want to keep these team names, or come up with new ones?

• Keep the normal team names
  • Change to the seasonal team names from last year
  • Let’s do completely new names!

0 voters

If you have suggestions for new names, please share!

Last year, @bluebird provided us with fun extra prompts with her advent calendar. Bluebird, would you want to do the same or something similar again this fall?

And one last thing… Team Paletteable Art doesn’t seem too popular. Do we want to drop to three teams only during our normal seasons? Or do you have a suggestion for a team name in place of paletteable art? If you have any suggestions for team names or fun activities we could do as a group that will keep things fun and active, please share your ideas!

I am not opposed to dropping Paletteable Art team as we currently have a small active group.

1 Like

It looks like we might want all new team names? Here are a few I found/thought of:

So Corn-fused
Gourd of the Rings
Don’t Stop Beleafing
Squashing It
Life is Gourd
Glove You
Just Snowing Off

If you guys have suggestions or any particular favorites from this list, let me know! We can narrow it down to 3 or 4 team names and have fun this fall :blush:

4 Likes

Love Squashing It and So Corn-fused!

2 Likes

Don’t Stop Beleafing is going to be hard to beat for me. :laughing: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I agree! I think Don’t Stop Beleafing would definitely have to be my chosen team name :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll send you a message about the advent prompts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So sorry about the late prompts, time really got away from me this weekend. They’re up now!

3 Likes

:heart::heart: Gourd of the Rings :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay, new prompts are up!

2 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 11 active players! A total of 71 projects have been posted, including 1 Big Time and 1 Research Project.

Running with Scissors 3 29 980 326
Knotty by Nature 4 28 990 247
Paletteable Art 0 0 0 0
Bits and Bobs 4 14 290 72

Battle Royale Results:

July # Results
Hotels 5 WINNER!
RVs 4
August # Results
Narrow Ruled 4 TIE!
Wide Ruled 4 TIE!
September # Results
Pumpkin
Spice

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

What is everyone up to this weekend? I am working on a project that is probably going to make me lose any sanity and eyesight I have left :crazy_face:

I’d also like to say happy birthday to @craftADDchick! I hope it’s a good one!

6 Likes

Thanks! I spent the day with my mom and we tested out a couple of methods for FPP (Foundation Paper Piecing) so we can each make a Dear Jane quilt. I made two test blocks, but I need to make one more because I messed up on something (the block still came out pretty well), so I want to make sure that the method still works.

2 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season, we had 11 active players! A total of 129 projects were posted, including 5 Big Time and 3 Research Projects.

Running with Scissors 3 53 1620 540
Knotty by Nature 4 38 1470 367
Bits and Bobs 4 38 970 242

Congratulations team Running with Scissors on your victory!

Battle Royale Results:

July # Results
Hotels 5 WINNER!
RVs 4
August # Results
Narrow Ruled 4 TIE!
Wide Ruled 4 TIE!
September # Results
Pumpkin 2
Spice 3 WINNER!

The fun continues in the Fall 2021 Nerd Games! We will be doing the advent again this fall. Every Sunday, I will post a new prompt for the season. These prompts are open all season, just as the normal prompts are. @Smeddley will still post the regular prompts at the beginning of every month. The only time sensitive prompts, as always, are the monthly battles. We hope to see you in the fall season!

4 Likes