Nerd Games Discussion Thread

I agree! I think Don’t Stop Beleafing would definitely have to be my chosen team name :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll send you a message about the advent prompts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So sorry about the late prompts, time really got away from me this weekend. They’re up now!

3 Likes

:heart::heart: Gourd of the Rings :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay, new prompts are up!

2 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 11 active players! A total of 71 projects have been posted, including 1 Big Time and 1 Research Project.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 3 29 980 326
Knotty by Nature 4 28 990 247
Paletteable Art 0 0 0 0
Bits and Bobs 4 14 290 72

Battle Royale Results:

July # Results
Hotels 5 WINNER!
RVs 4
August # Results
Narrow Ruled 4 TIE!
Wide Ruled 4 TIE!
September # Results
Pumpkin
Spice

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

What is everyone up to this weekend? I am working on a project that is probably going to make me lose any sanity and eyesight I have left :crazy_face:

I’d also like to say happy birthday to @craftADDchick! I hope it’s a good one!

6 Likes

Thanks! I spent the day with my mom and we tested out a couple of methods for FPP (Foundation Paper Piecing) so we can each make a Dear Jane quilt. I made two test blocks, but I need to make one more because I messed up on something (the block still came out pretty well), so I want to make sure that the method still works.

2 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season, we had 11 active players! A total of 129 projects were posted, including 5 Big Time and 3 Research Projects.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 3 53 1620 540
Knotty by Nature 4 38 1470 367
Bits and Bobs 4 38 970 242

Congratulations team Running with Scissors on your victory!

Battle Royale Results:

July # Results
Hotels 5 WINNER!
RVs 4
August # Results
Narrow Ruled 4 TIE!
Wide Ruled 4 TIE!
September # Results
Pumpkin 2
Spice 3 WINNER!

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

The fun continues in the Fall 2021 Nerd Games! We will be doing the advent again this fall. Every Sunday, I will post a new prompt for the season. These prompts are open all season, just as the normal prompts are. @Smeddley will still post the regular prompts at the beginning of every month. The only time sensitive prompts, as always, are the monthly battles. We hope to see you in the fall season!

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Life has been crazy but I am excited about rejoining the Games this season. I found out I am going to be doing a lot of traveling for work between now and Christmas so I will need to plan ahead and bring supplies with me. :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Sorry about the late start, I had some intense training at work the last two days, but the new season prompts are up!!!

2 Likes

I cannot believe what a washout this summer season of the Games was for me! I have never gone a whole summer without making a bunch of things, which just goes to show how mentally draining teaching was from March 2020-June 2021. I stopped being a union rep for my building, which has been a huge relief! I also decided (in year 28 of teaching…I don’t know why it took me so long) to leave all school papers that need to be graded at school. I always lug them home, don’t touch them, but feel guilty about it, so I don’t let myself do anything fun, and lug them back to school. I’m going to stay late a couple of days a week to get them done and so far, it’s worked pretty well.

This leaves my evenings free for more creative pursuits! So, I should be more involved in this season, which makes me happpy. :heart:

5 Likes

Yeah, I have not been productive with my crafting lately at ALL. I’m blaming it on the move, but I think a lot of it is just the overall stress that’s affecting everyone right now. I’m trying to start up again, and am of course in the middle of four new projects right now without even finishing my older WIPs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Let’s see when I actually FINISH something!

3 Likes

I finished up working on a swap item today so I will add that once they receive. I have some ideas for the rest of the prompts too. My month will be very busy, but hopefully I can stick to my plan.

Thanks for the prompts! I needed to motivation. Now I need to settle on a team. :jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

If you get the battle done for the month, you can always post the rest later if you need to :slight_smile: I am looking forward to all of the projects that I’m sure will be posted this season. I can’t wait to share some of my projects from the 12 Days of Christmas swap in December!

4 Likes

Today, I had a project all set to go (it’s from a kit), but it turned out I needed additional supplies. I’ll have to be a little creative for one part, because one of the supplies is something I can’t get my hands on (the kit is from 2014…), but I have a couple of ways I can tackle it.

3 Likes

I made a bunch of swap things I can’t show yet, and a few others I just never bothered to try to share this last month. Busy busy busy.

4 Likes

I have two items done for a swap that are going out today. I can’t wait to post in the Games again! Still undecided about the team, though. :question:

2 Likes

Yup, I’ve got all swap items and WIPs going on right now, so not much to show yet!

2 Likes

I kept getting Journey stuck in my head, so I decided I had to go with :microphone: Don’t Stop Beleafing. It was a hard choice though. :grin:

1 Like