CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

I love the new prompts @Smeddley! And big thanks to @storerboughtcreation for tracking all the madness! :smiley:

And, thank you for the fun Nerd Games token!!! Big virtual and social distancing hugs to @Lynx and @storerboughtcreation!!

4 Likes

I received my charm today, thank you so much… it reminded me of high school days & letter jackets & I wanted to put it on my chest for all to see.

3 Likes

did a personal swap with @father_of_furbs for the furby bear for my oldest, Beast Jr. But my youngest is trying to steal it now :joy:

5 Likes

New prompts for June are up!

3 Likes

Thank you for the fun prompts, @Smeddley!

I’m almost caught up with tracking. May was a crazy month already, but then I ended the month by beginning my first D&D campaign ever. It’s been a lot of fun!

I will try to get the tracking update finished tomorrow.

2 Likes

Tracking Update!

Useful Info

Before I begin the update, I wanted to let everyone know that several of you have reached out to me about the tracking sheet. It’s hard to find your name to view your checklist because so many names are listed. I figured out a solution tonight.

If you now find your name in the team roster and click on it, you should be linked directly to your sheet. If your name links to someone else’s sheet, let me know and I can fix it :slight_smile:

Tracking

So far this season, we have 19 active players! A total of 160 projects have been posted, including 5 big time projects, and 7 research projects!

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 5 66 2440 488
Knotty by Nature 5 18 700 140
Paletteable Art 1 1 20 20
Bits and Bobs 8 75 2885 360

Battle Royale Results:

April # Results
Text 7 TIED!
Phone Call 7 TIED!
May # Results
Jedi 7 WINNER!
Sith 1
June # Results
Fresh Water
Salt Water

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

What?! I was the only Sith in a Game full of masks?! LOL!!! :crazy_face: :mask:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the update and the pic of Monkey! He looks like he is growing up to be a handsome man.

2 Likes

He turned 18 weeks old today. He’s huge! The tech at his last appointment weighed him three times because she thought he’d be almost 9 pounds. He was just shy of 6. There’s a lot of floof

3 Likes

My kitty wasn’t acting right yesterday so I took her to the vet and got her some antibiotics. She is already acting normal again, but the vet called her chubby. I told him she was really fluffy. He agreed and said she was fluffy AND chubby. LOL! Oh well. I tried to defend her but when I said she wasn’t acting right, I mean she skipped breakfast. I knew something was wrong. My fluffy girl never misses a meal. :laughing:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear “Miss Fluff” isn’t feeling well, but glad the antibiotics are perking her up!

1 Like

I hope she starts feeling more like herself and is ok! I hate it when my cats aren’t feeling well. They can’t tell us what’s wrong.

1 Like

She was acting like herself and like nothing was wrong as soon as we walked back in the house. Before I even gave her any meds. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I put this in the main thread as well, but just in case people didn’t see it -

RAFFLE REMINDER!

Hello all! The Nerd Games raffle will be happening at the end of this month! If you plan to donate a prize, please send me the details ASAP so I can add it to the list. Remember, only those who have donated at least one prize are eligible to win the Green with Envy biscornu! And don’t forget to craft as many projects as you can to earn more tickets! :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to a fun raffle!

1 Like

I only need 4 more projects before I will have crafted all the prompts! I have 2 pieces about 80% done. I am going to do my best to get them all done. Is anyone else close, or done?

4 Likes

I had plans to get them all done, but I might not get all the way there. I will try, however!

2 Likes

Nope. Not even close. But I should get a few more projects done.

I applaud all of you that either craft all the things or get close to it!

2 Likes

I officially crafted all the prompts! :tada: Whoo hoo! It’s been a LONG time since I have done that. Not sure I’ll be able to do it again any time soon but it was a fun goal to accomplish while wfh. :hugs:

6 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

Monkey made sure I was hard at work getting the tracking finished last night. :joy:

We survived Spring of 2020! This was definitely a strange time to experience. I’m not sure what the summer of 2020 holds, but hopefully things start getting a little more normal and a little less sci-fi (Murder hornets. Really?).

This season, we had a total of 20 active players! A total of 248 projects were posted, including 10 big time projects, and 9 research projects!

Here is where each team stands:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 5 90 3350 670
Knotty by Nature 5 36 1250 250
Paletteable Art 1 19 480 480
Bits and Bobs 9 103 3965 440

Congratulations!

Team Running with Scissors wins the Spring 2020 Games!

I’d like to give a special shout out to @gozer for CRAFTING ALL THE THINGS!. @Lynx, @Bunny1kenobi, and @Smeddley, you were nearly there, so kudos to you as well!

Battle Royale Results:

April # Results
Text 7 TIED!
Phone Call 7 TIED!
May # Results
Jedi 7 WINNER!
Sith 1
June # Results
Fresh Water 5 WINNER!
Salt Water 2

Thank you everyone for participating! This really was a strange time, and the Nerd Games certainly helped me keep my sanity. The fun will continue with the Summer 2020 round. I hope to see you there!

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

The new prompts are challenging for me. I need to put my thinking cap on for a few of them. That’s a good thing. It will make me think out of the box! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes