CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

@Smeddley I have some questions about the bingo cards and reaching 10 points.

How do you bingo? There are 5 bingo options:

single line bingo - one line, 3 points
double line bingo - two lines, 4 points
outside border - all the spaces around the outside, 6 points
postage stamp - the four spaces in any corner, 2 points
blackout - all the spaces - 10 points

So does this mean on a single card I can do this?
outside border (6 points) + double line bingo (i.e. 2 interior line bingos not using outer border) (4 point) = 10 points total

Does it mean I can work on multiple bingo cards simultaneously as long as I do not double dip (use the same project on both cards) and gather points from both?
example
card 1 = postage stamp (2 points) + 1 single line bingo (3 points) = 5 points
card 2 = single line bingo (3 points)
card 3 = postage stamp (2 points)
total points = 10

Thanks! Just want to make sure I’m doing this right. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So does this mean on a single card I can do this?
outside border (6 points) + double line bingo (i.e. 2 interior line bingos not using outer border) (4 point) = 10 points total

Yes!

Does it mean I can work on multiple bingo cards simultaneously as long as I do not double dip (use the same project on both cards) and gather points from both?
example
card 1 = postage stamp (2 points) + 1 single line bingo (3 points) = 5 points
card 2 = single line bingo (3 points)
card 3 = postage stamp (2 points)
total points = 10

And Yes!

2 Likes

Wonderful, thank you so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I had such grand plans for this summer! I had planned to complete about 50 projects! But, I’ve scaled back things quite a bit. I had some bigger items planned that I won’t be doing in this round. I still have hopes that I can get most of the prompts completed, by incorporating my swap items and maybe swapping things out for less intensive projects. I’m trying to not have to get too creative with the prompt interpretation :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@Smeddley - two more bingo questions! :smile:

I’m almost done getting 10 points, only 4 more squares to go. What is the deadline for the bingo cards to be turned in? And… where do we turn them in? Private message to you or in the discussion thread or ??? Thanks!

Hello lovely nerd friends!

Just thought I’d plug the plushie accessory swap here, since I know quite a few of us like plushies! :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone!

I’m currently setting up the Fall Nerd Games thread. I just wanted to point out a few new things for the fall season. These will continue going forward.

1. Zaps are now worth 10 points each. You may still craft up to five per season.
  2. I finally added the special note about claiming swaps if outside of the current season. You’ll see the note below the extra crafting opportunities in the rules section of the fall thread.
  3. You may now submit up to 2 free range prompts PER MONTH, so you can submit up to 6 total each season.

Question about team names

It seems as though three of the four teams are pretty popular. Paletteable Art doesn’t seem to be as popular. Would we like to change that team name? Keep it as is? Drop to only three teams?

I’d love to hear what you have to say in the next few days before the season officially starts! You can respond here or send me a PM. Thank you!

3 Likes

I think we should have completely different names for all the teams for the Fall Season. I think it would be cute to have Holiday-ish names. Something like the Knotty Elves, the JIngle Ballers, The Krampus Catchers, and stuff like that. I’m sure if people put in suggestions we would get better ideas than mine. Change it up a little and get people to switch sides and teammates for a little bit.
Oh my gosh, I think I just got Palettable Art, was that for the bakers? Nope, just checked it wasn’t. HA! How about switching it to “I Say Sew”? Just an idea? Try it out.

2 Likes

thanks for all the changes! They sound great.

I don’t have a strong preference on 3 vs 4 groups but I like gozer’s idea of change the names.

2 Likes

I like the holiday idea. I will think on team names.

If anyone has team name suggestions, please share!

1 Like

Monkey would like to remind you that there’s only two more days left of this season!

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder and great pic of Monkey!

1 Like

I’m ok with going down to just 3 teams. :slight_smile:

I love the idea of the team names being holiday themed this round. :heart_eyes: I’m sure people have a favorite holiday so maybe a name for each holiday? Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas?? Or silly names??

3 Likes

I was too busy to really do anything here this month!

I’m ok with either 3 or 4 teams, but may more a preference to 3 teams. I like the idea of a name for each holiday, though I’m wondering how many prefer Thanksgiving over Halloween or Christmas.

Silly names would be fun, too.

1 Like

I like the idea of switching up the names and thus potentially the team makeup. Rather than isolating the names to a month’s holiday, I kind of like the idea of making them more broadly seasonal (e.g., Falling Leaves, Hot Cocoa, Sweater Weather, etc.). The idea of having to declare my allegiance to one holiday stresses me out, I guess :woman_shrugging:. I don’t have strong feelings about 3 vs. 4 teams.

5 Likes

Ok, I absolutely am in love with all three of your name suggestions.

4 Likes

I would pick thanksgiving over Christmas or Halloween but I do really like megwell’s names

4 Likes

I like the idea of holiday themed names! And, 3 teams instead of 4 seems like a good idea! I like the changes to the Zap points, the addition of more Free Range points and, even though it won’t apply to me for quite a while, I like the idea of being able to carry a swap item over if it hasn’t been received (the mail just hasn’t been very reliable lately!).

I have one more item to post, but probably can’t get any more crafts completed (maybe one, and possibly a Zap, if I am not so wiped out when I get home from work tomorrow). I had plans for so many more significant projects (I practically had a craft a day planned for the summer), but it just wasn’t to be. The good thing is that I have plenty of projects to fit into prompts for the Fall season! I just have to fit them into my schedule :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like Megwell’s idea too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What about:
Gingerbread Mayhem
Up to Snow Good
Resting Grinch Face

5 Likes