I like Megwell’s idea too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What about:
Gingerbread Mayhem
Up to Snow Good
Resting Grinch Face

5 Likes

LOL I like those. :heart:

Resting Grinch Face! I do love puns :laughing:.

Might there also be room for one more on the fall end of the spectrum for people not ready to go into full winter weather mode yet? (Spoiler: Fall is my favorite season.)

The best similarly mischievous ones I could come up with were Grand Theft Autumn and Raking and Entering, but I should have been going to sleep then so there are probably better. Or at least less criminal…

4 Likes

I would be on Raking and Entering! LOL!

3 Likes

haha, love the grand theft autumn! :laughing: I agree, it would be nice to have at least one autumn group in the mix. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok! We’ll do four teams, one with an autumn theme. I also like Raking and Entering (@gozer, you would like that one! :grin:). I will update the team names now. It will be fun to see the team roster switched up :hearts:

3 Likes

Announcing something fun for the next round of nerd games! :slight_smile:

adventtitle

Happy Fall / Winter quarter! This quarter we are doing a 12 week advent event! Each week on Sunday I will post a new prompt for you to craft. These prompts are just like the normal monthly prompts, and are in addition to the normal monthly prompts. You will just have a lot more prompts this season to work with! Have fun and Happy holidays!

First advent calendar window will open on October 4th!

6 Likes

I love this idea so much!!

3 Likes

Thank you! :trident: (There seems to be no rake emoji, so I had to settle for the trident. :woman_facepalming:.)

3 Likes

The :trident: seems on theme with the pun :grin:

2 Likes

I’ll take a trident!

2 Likes

Monkey looks like he is hard at work getting those last prompts completed :crazy_face:

1 Like

@QueenHobo just posted something exciting over in the new Fall Nerd Games thread! I am looking forward to sharing the surprise… eventually… Anyone that knows me knows that I hate waiting to share surprises, so this will be torture. Torture I tell you!

1 Like

Oooh! Mysterious! I love it!

And, how liberal can we be with the Bingo cards? If I have something made with paper, and paper comes from trees, can I count it for trees?

I might need to print the other cards to see if I can get at least one line! My planned projects matched wonderfully. My actual projects, not as much!

1 Like

Ibe wanted to join this craftalong for so long, a part of me says “wait until next year” but then another part shouts “DO IT!” :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Do it!!! It’s fun and motivating, and even though there are teams and points, it’s so low pressure!

2 Likes

Do it! Please join us! The summer season ends in less than five hours. If you have anything you’ve crafted since July 1 you’d like to post, you can join right now! If that’s too much stress for you, the fall season begins tomorrow. You can jump right in. If you have any questions about posting, please do not hesitate to ask. Everyone here is so helpful! Please, please join us in our fun and welcoming nerdy family!

1 Like

How can i say no now? :smiley: but sadly it’s 1.30am and I’ve got to wake up at 7 (bad me, going to bed this late).
But if posting former projects is fine does that mean i can combine this craftalong with the HP one if the prompts fits? Can’t remember if the rules mentioned it.

2 Likes

Your projects are supposed to have been crafted withing the current season, with the exception of swap items. You can totally post the same projects in both swaps. We get creative with the prompts. As long as you explain why/how your project fits, you’re good to go. The only time sensitive prompts are the monthly battles. The rest of the prompts can be crafted any time during the season.

1 Like