CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

They will alwayd be crafted within the season/month, if not then it won’t be a challenge :smiley:

1 Like

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season, we had 14 active players! A total of 204 projects were posted, including 11 big time projects and 8 research projects!

Here is where each team stands:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 5 66 2535 507
Knotty by Nature 2 41 1500 750
Paletteable Art 3 61 2290 763
Bits and Bobs 4 37 1070 267

Congratulations Team Paletteable Art on your win!

Battle Royale Results:

July # Results
Cultivated Borders 5 WINNER!
Wild Native Plantings 4
August # Results
Sharks 3
Orcas 5 WINNER!
September # Results
Hand 8 WINNER!
Machine 2

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here

The Summer 2020 Games have ended, but the fun continues over in the Fall 2020 thread. We switched up team names, so be sure to pick your new team before posting!

One last thing. I would like to give a special thank you to @Smeddley for giving us such great prompts to craft for, and the bingo cards to add extra flair to the summer challenges. I really appreciate all that you do!

Another round of special thanks to @bluebird. She will be running a fun advent calendar event during the fall season, so be sure to check out the third comment of the thread for updates every Sunday of the coming season.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I am so sorry I completely dropped out of existence this round, it was bound to happen one of these times!

Reminder, if you completed a bingo card PM me your address and your favorite crafting medium…

Fall prompts are sloppily up, I’ll tidy them later when I get to my computer but I know how people like to get started/planning!

3 Likes

Ahhh, it’s like you did this month just for me!!

Awe. Thank you! :innocent:

I know you were trying to see if @PrincessHobo could post. But just for the record, I am so much cooler than @QueenHobo :grin:

1 Like

Sorry about all the random posts everyone. We are trying to help PrincessHobo learn how to use the site.

4 Likes

Not a problem! Glad she is here!

1 Like

The first advent prompt is up! :slight_smile:

fwa-1

autumn leaves - Craft something that is breakable/fragile, has or uses leaves, that takes time to dry, or uses something found in nature/outdoors.

3 Likes

Advent #2 is up! :blush:

fwa-2

corn maze - Craft something that is yellow, confusing, fun, tall, or is useful when cold

1 Like

I have ideas for both of these! Now, I just have to get myself organized so I can start crafting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy Sunday! Here is Advent #3! :blush:

fwa-3

pumpkins - Craft something that is orange, has a face, has seeds, that lights up, or something to do with art

3 Likes

Question re: the increase in Free Ranges:
Now that it’s 2 per month, do we have to use them or lose them each month, or do they carry over (so we could use all 6 in December, or 1 this month + 3 next month etc.)?

3 Likes

I think it’s use them or lose them.

2 Likes

We did make them month specific when we did the year long round on Craftster. But I think we should just have six free range a season. Everyone else agree? Disagree? If we all agree, I’ll change the rules

ETA: this season we have 12 extra bonus prompts with the advent event, so it might feel a little overwhelming. But in future rounds, I think it would be great to have six extra slots for those times that you’ve crafted something and just can’t make it fit into a prompt, or if you’ve been especially crafty in a season and have more to post.

4 Likes

I like that idea.

3 Likes

I like the idea, too! Sometimes, I have projects later that don’t fit any prompts, and I hate to “waste” them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I like the idea of 6 extra slots because sometimes I either run out of prompts, or an item just doesn’t fit any prompt I have left to do.

4 Likes

Sounds great to me. Thanks for clarifying!

3 Likes