CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

Here’s the next advent prompt! :slight_smile:

fwa-9

greeting Cards - Craft something with words, that folds, uses paper, has a postage stamp, or is flat

3 Likes

Monkey says he hopes everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

So far this season, we have 12 active players! A total of 148 projects have been posted, including 8 big time projects, and 4 research projects!

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Resting Grinch Face 2 21 600 300
Gingerbread Mayhem 3 48 2040 680
Up to Snow Good 3 26 760 253
Raking and Entering 4 53 1750 437

Battle Royale Results:

October # Results
Dictionary 5 WINNER!
Thesaurus 4
November # Results
Cooked 3 WINNER!
Raw 2
December # Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here .

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

In case anyone was wondering, yes, Monkey is no longer a cat. He has turned into a sea otter :otter:

He is also getting in his winter coat, so he looks HUGE! But then again, he is huge. Here he is standing on Beast Jr’s shoulders. She’s almost 9.

Mr SBC agreed with me when I said last night that his entire self was only as big as his head is now when we got him at 2 weeks old. I love my otter boy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

He’s gigantic! But so beautiful!

And, I just realized that I posted my last projects with the old team names… I’ll have to go back and see which team I chose for this season!

2 Likes

Since you’d already posted before, I didn’t even pay attention to what team you put in. I just defaulted to what I’d already put you under :joy:

2 Likes

ATTENTION!

Hi! Not sure if you remember seeing this, but if you haven’t sent me your address yet, please do so! Also, please send it to me and not QueenHobo as she doesn’t log in very often and forgets to pass messages along to me. @gozer, I know you did send yours to her, but I have your address already.

Anyway, if you’d like a small something, please send me your address. I plan on working on the surprise this weekend. :blush:

4 Likes

Busted! I did see that, and thought periodically throughout the term, “oh, I still need to do that.” :woman_facepalming:

Sending it now.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay, the new Decemebr prompts are up - and while I appreciate the anti-spam spirit, the fact that I can’t C&P this same post to both the main thread and the discussion thread is… argh!

December Battle: Gift Box vs Gift Bag

Prompts:
Tags - Craft something small that is attached to or part of something else, or has a person’s name written on it
Ribbon - Craft something thin, flexible, long, or striped
Bows - Craft something shiny, made of several smaller parts, or sits on top of something else
Gift Wrap - Craft something that conceals another object, goes around another object, or needs an adhesive to hold it together
Tissue Paper - Craft something that is delicate, partially see through, or used more than once

3 Likes

I want to get in on this Skype action! Or Zoom! I’d love to see your faces and chat. :green_heart: :heart: :green_heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Yaasssss!

2 Likes

Week 10!

fwa-10

holly wreath - Craft something that is round, is red, is a decoration, has leaves, or is sharp/pointy

2 Likes

fwa-11

tinsel - Craft something metallic, that uses glitter, that adorns something or someone, has strings, is messy, or has silver or gold on it

2 Likes

The last one!

fwa-12

Christmas tree - Craft something that is green, that is spiky, that uses water, that lights up, has a star, that is a gift, or anything! Because presents are surprises and anything could be in the box!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday! Merry Christmas! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

You too! Thanks for doing the Advent!

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I have created the Winter 2021 Games thread and Discussion thread. I will include links to each when I post my end of year tracking update, and at that point you can start posting in those threads.

@bluebird, @gozer, @craftADDchick, @roler, @Smeddley, @megwell, @Lynx, and @Bunny1kenobi - I’ve mailed out something to you at the address you provided earlier this season. I’m not sure when it will arrive since I’m sure the USPS is swamped right now, but I’m sure it will be there soon.

7 Likes

Thanks so much!

I’m feeling a tad overwhelmed with so much right now, that it will be a wonderful surprise for vacation.

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks so much! :slight_smile: You are so generous! XD

3 Likes

Oh man, I totally fell apart this season! I will be able to craft a few things over the next few days, and will have to get creative to make them fit the prompts. But, my ambitions far outstripped my time and energy this time.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @storerboughtcreation! That its so kind of you. :heart:

2 Likes