CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

I prefer the new schedule just because it lines up with a calendar year and is easier to keep track of in my mind, but I also really don’t mind much either way! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m going to try to get back into, too! I’m actually crafting! I painted miniatures yesterday and today!

2 Likes

@jillybeans Yes!! I have missed you on here! I’m so happy to hear this.

2 Likes

@gozer, @roler, @storerboughtcreation, punch needle has been on my “to learn” list for a while. I briefly attempted it, but was not successful. I have heard the the quality of the punch needle tool makes a huge difference. There’s a highly recommended brand that, while pricey, I think I’ll get. I can’t remember the name, but I will look it up and get back to you!

2 Likes

We attempted to try this afternoon. The fabric choice is VERY important. So do some research on that, too. @roler and I are going to try to pick up some burlap this week and then try again. Regular fabric just doesn’t work.

2 Likes

I’ve missed you, too! I’m hoping to be more active again. Now that my kiddos are a little older, it’s easier to get things done. Love you, gozer!

THIS! I bullet journal by year, and it would be come convenient to not have to copy the winter round over from year to year, but it’s not the worst thing. Technically, if we went from solsticee to equinox, it’s closer to go Jan 1 - March 31, since that’s just a 10 day shift outside of the “season” instead of Dec 1 - Feb 28, which is a 20 day shift… < / seasons geek >

3 Likes

The punch needle brand is Oxford! I heard about it on the Very Serious Crafts podcast.

3 Likes

I voted that I prefer the news schedule but I was not around before :rofl::rofl: I just wanna craft and make friends​:v:t2:

6 Likes

Hooray for NERDS!

I love you guys!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

@Tanyia You didn’t come here from Craftster? Well, Welcome! You are in for a treat. The people here are amazing and the Games are so much fun. Hit me up if you have any questions of just want to chat! I can’t see what sort of things you make. :grinning:

3 Likes

Are we able to do more than one of the January prompts? Also if we do other prompts do they need to be on the same team we chose as the first prompt?

1 Like

@Tanyia You keep the team you chose on your first prompt for the entire season. You can do each each prompt one time, so five projects plus the battle equals 6 prompts per month. If you have extras you can use the Free Range option.

1 Like

If a player is not able to be very active, how does it penalize the team? I don’t want to do more harm than good if I join.

1 Like

@Tanyia is my friend from Insta! I guess I may need to try to jump into the Games again. I did it for a 'lil while last year!

3 Likes

The true reason for the Nerd Games is to encourage everyone to craft and share. We love seeing projects and gaining inspiration.

There are no losers. Only winners! The points don’t truly matter. They’re just for bragging rights mostly. At the end of the season, each team score is averaged from total points divided by number of members on the team.

So if you join and only post one project (though we’d of course love to see more of your fantastic projects!), that is 100% ok. We just love seeing the creativity, and the awesome support, community, and friendship makes everything worth it.

So please, join us! Don’t feel pressured to craft more than you’re able or willing. Just enjoy yourself, and join us! :heart:

4 Likes

As @gozer said, you can only craft each of the monthly prompts once. However, there are other crafting opportunities.

Each season, you get two free range crafts. So if you have created something that just doesn’t fit a prompt, you can use up to two free range submissions. Just enter free range for your prompt title. These are worth 20 points.

There are also five big time slots. Big time projects are projects that took at least five hours of crafting time to make, and they’re worth 50 points. Again, just put down big time for your prompt title.

The only time sensitive prompts are the monthly Battle Royales. Those must be submitted in the correlating month. The other five prompts of the month are not time sensitive. You can submit a project for them up to the last day of the season, March 31 in this round. So if you have something you make during this season and can’t decide what to post it under, you can always wait to see what the next prompts are on February 1 or March 1.

1 Like

Oh boy. I should have asked before I lept lol. Crochet is my main craft lately

2 Likes

Tracking Update

Hi everyone! I just wanted to be sure everyone is aware that the third reply on the Nerd Games thread is where you can find the tracking info.

I have included the Team Rosters there, as well as your checklist. If you click the link for the checklist, you will be taken to a page that will have a list of players at the top. Just click on your username, and you will see what you’ve submitted so far.

If you ever see any discrepancies, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I don’t usually track immediately, and I give updates when I do catch up on tracking, so don’t worry if your project isn’t immediately checked off.

As always, please ask away if you have questions. If you do post and I need clarification for tracking purposes, I will either reply here or send you a PM.

I’m so happy that not only is our nerdy family coming back together, but it’s growing. I love this community so much!

1 Like

Mwahahaha. You’re one of us now! :smiling_imp:

You are now part of the family. Your opinion and input matter, so don’t hesitate to answer any polls or questions. I’m glad that you joined the new Lettuce Craft community, and even happier that you joined the Nerd Games.

Please feel free to invite any of your crafty friends to our group, too. It’s pretty awesome :heart:

3 Likes