CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

@storerboughtcreation I can’t find the lounge topic. :cry:

I can see everybody’s pets though!

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/where-are-you-from/2466/1

Here’s the topic. If should work if you have access

Yep, I found it!!

1 Like

You guys, @Bunny1kenobi is super sweet. She just sent me a text with a picture of some sloth chip clips she found, and told me where to find them. Thank you for enabling my sloth obsession :sloth: :heart: :smile:

4 Likes

About Tracking Updates

Hello Nerds! We just finished the first month here at Lettuce Craft, and I’m so happy to see both familiar faces and new ones alike! I hope

Since we have so many new nerds here, I’ll give a quick rundown of how the tracking works before I get to the Tracking Update post.

1. You submit a project using the prompt header, with the month and prompt title included.
    • Please be sure to indicate which side of the battle you’re choosing to craft for if you’re submitting for the battle prompt!
  2. I use a Google Sheets database to keep track of all posted projects and points. I also keep track of how many projects are posted for each side of the battle.
    • If you ever go back to edit a post to add in a project link for community bonus points, or need to change something for any reason, don’t forget to tag me or send me a PM with the info update!
  3. In a separate Google Sheet, I keep track of the checklist that you have viewing access to.
    • I always get the prompts and points accounted for in the first spreadsheet, but sometimes I forget to check things off in the second spreadsheet. If you ever see anything missing from your checklist, please don’t hesitate to send me a message. Sometimes I don’t catch up on tracking until the end of the month and sometimes I just forget to check off the checklist after entering points. If you’re ever concerned I missed something, let me know!
  4. After a month ends, I try to post a tracking update right away. I aim to update on the first day of the month, but life happens, so it’s usually posted within the first few days of the new month. I’ll post a tracking update in the next post.
    • Each season runs for three months. This season will end on March 31. Sometimes the season recaps can take a little longer to post, especially after the summer season. That’s usually our busiest time, and so there’s a lot of info to sort through.
  5. After the season ends, the winning team is announced. Winning gets you nothing more than bragging rights, but still, it’s always fun to brag!
    • The points are averaged out by total number of points earned by the team divided by the number of players on the team.

So that’s basically what I do for tracking. If there’s any info you would like added to the tracking updates, let me know so I can add it in! Craft on, Nerds!

3 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 20, yes, that’s right, TWENTY active players! A total of 66 projects have been posted, including 5 big time projects, and 2 research projects!

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 5 21 785 157
Knotty by Nature 5 15 780 156
Paletteable Art 2 5 160 80
Bits and Bobs 8 25 915 114

Battle Royale Results:

January # Results
Resolutions 6
Status Quo 7 WINNER!
February # Results
TBD
TBD
March # Results
TBD
TBD

I decided to show how many projects were submitted for each battle. We didn’t do this in the past, but I think it’s fun to see how each side of the battle did. I also included the team averages in the table. Do you like these changes?

Don’t forget, you can look at your individual tracking checklist here. You can also find the team roster there.

6 Likes

Thank you for the tracking update! I do like to see the team standings with averages… gets my competitive side going!!

1 Like

Awww, shucks… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forgot to post here that the February Prompts are up in the Prompty Place…

February is National Bird Feeding Month!

Battle: Birds vs Squirrels

Vultures - make something using leftovers, or scraps, or something not usually used for crafting.

Owls - Make something with big eyes, or something to be used at night.

Songbirds - Make something small, musical, or brightly colored.

Hawks - Make something that requires keen eyesight to craft, or something swift.

Waterfowl - Make something that requires water, or will be used on/in the water.

4 Likes

Oh thanks for the recap and the points post!

1 Like

I updated the table for team averages. The formula I was using didn’t work correctly. I figured out how to do it a different way, so it’s correct now. :wink:

1 Like

Is it ok to submit UFOs/WIPs from 2019 as long as they were completed after Jan 1?

I hope so! Previously the rule was we could post WIPs that we finished if we spent at least a half hour working on them this season (the basic requirement for posting anything but zaps). But since the paring down of the rules I’m unsure if that’s still the case.

Yes. As long as it took at least 30 minutes of craft time during the current season like @AcadianDriftwood mentioned, you can post. If it took less time to finish, you can still post as a zap.

2 Likes

You guys! I’m in love. We just got a new kitten tonight. He’s two weeks old today. Momma cat is okay, but she got sick and can’t feed the babies anymore. We were given a purebred Ragdoll by a longtime customer of Mr sbc at the pet store he works at. He’s always been a sympathetic ear, given her his time and patience, remembers her and her kitties. They really bonded when she lost one of her cats, and then we lost our Ollie soon after.

So when momma cat got pregnant, she asked if we wanted one of the kittens for free. I wasn’t expecting to have him for another 5 weeks at least, but the situation changed.

Anyway, not only am I a proud momma (big brother Frankenstein is not too happy right now), but I’ll also be a busy momma for a few weeks. I may get a little behind on tracking and posting, but I’m still here! If you need anything or have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

He just woke up, so I’m going in for more snuggles. Ciao!

9 Likes

oh my goodness. 2 weeks old. poor baby but at least he has a new family willing to take care of him. I hope we see lots of pics!

3 Likes

Ragdolls are such beautiful cats, she looks so sweet. I’m also going to echo, more pictures please!

2 Likes

What a tiny creature :heart_eyes_cat:
I agree with the call for more pictures. I’m not sure what the policy is here in our new home, but on many other forums and groups I’ve seen that cats are always considered on-topic.

4 Likes

As they should be! Doesn’t matter what I am doing, I nearly always have 1 or more “helping” me :joy_cat::joy_cat:

3 Likes

Your baby is so cute. I love his little sleeping face.

1 Like