CLOSED: Nerd Games - Fall 2020

I love your tree. We did something similar when we were living in Phoenix. We didn’t have enough room for a real tree. Now that we live in South Carolina, we still have no room for a tree, and no room to put a tree made of lights like this on the wall. But I do have a wreath, so that works well enough for me. :blush:

Prompt: November- Button mushrooms
Team: Raking and Entering
Project Name: Peppermint cap gnome
Project Link: Christmas gnomes
Brief Description: I made some gnomes with my DIL. They all have buttons for noses, but for this prompt, I’m focusing on the one with the red and white striped cap
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: November- Destroying Angel
Project Name: Angel kitties
Project Link: Kitty cross stitch
Brief Description: I made this for Gozer for her birthday this year. It features her kitties who are waiting for her on the other side of the rainbow bridge.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: November- Penny Bun
Project Name: Nana’s gnome
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made some gnomes with my DIL. We made a couple for my MIL. I used supplies from stash and from the dollar store, so it was pretty cheap. I made the one with the brown beard and red tassel on his hat.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December- Bows
Project Name: Grandparent ornaments
Project Link: Scrabble tile ornaments
Brief Description: These have shiny ribbons on them, are made of smaller parts, and the tiles are glued on top of popsicle sticks for stability. Yeah! Triple threat! :joy: These are the names of all the grandkids for 2 sets of grandparents in our family.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December- Gift Wrap
Project Name: More bowl cozies
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made these for my brother for Christmas. They fit the prompt because they go around hot bowls.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent #6 - Cinnamon broom
Project Name: Santa hat gnome
Brief Description: This gnome has a brown beard.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent #8- Turkey dinner
Project Name: Long cap gnome
Brief Description: All my gnomes contain stuffing, but I’m going with the tall lanky guy with the long cap for this prompt.
Project Photo(s): (see above)

4 Likes

Prompt: Advent- 11/15- Cornucopia
Team: Gingerbread Mayhem
Project Name: Storage Box from Plastic Milk Bottle
Project Link: Storage Box from Plastic Milk Bottle
Brief Description: I make yogurt every couple of weeks and the brand of milk I use comes in these white plastic bottles with an overwrap. Once the wrap is removed, the bottle underneath is a clean slate! So, I thought they’d be prefect to use for making little snap-top boxes. This is my prototype.

Project Photo(s):

2 Likes

Prompt: December - Battle - Gift Bag
Project Name: Jupiter kitty
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this as a gift for one of my nieces. She loves space, and this was meant to be Jupiter. But as it looks nothing like Jupiter, I made it into a kitty, which she also loves. I went with gift bag because there is no way I’d try to wrap this.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

The colors are very Jupiter-esque! The swirly cloud effect would be a challenge, so a Jupiter kitty is an ideal solution!

2 Likes

Prompt: Advent-11/8- Cinnamon Broom
Project Name: Rocky Road Brownies
Project Link: Rocky Road Brownies w/pseudo-recipe
Brief Description: Just a glorious little pan of brownies with some peanut butter and marshmallow Fluff added in. Brownies are, of course, brown :slight_smile: And delicious!

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

If you used red food coloring in the marshmallow fluff, this would look like cooling lava. It sounds delicious. Mmmmmmm :drooling_face:

1 Like

It totally would! I’ll have to keep that in mind should I ever need a volcano-themed dessert :laughing:

2 Likes

Week 11! :slight_smile:

fwa-11

tinsel - Craft something metallic, that uses glitter, that adorns something or someone, has strings, is messy, or has silver or gold on it

3 Likes

Prompt: November – Penny Bun
Project Name: 2 Mushroom Bowl Cozies
Project Link: -0-
Brief Description: For this prompt I am going to use the two on the right. The mushroom fabric was from my stash and it is beige.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: November – Pink Oyster
Project Name: Bride Book Box
Project Link: Bride of Frankenstein Book Box
Brief Description: I made this for the Winter Book Swap. It is a faux book that opens to reveal candy inside, or whatever you want to hide…. Candy.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December -Ribbon
Project Name: Unpaper Towels
Brief Description: I made these for a friend. Unpaper towels are so useful. I never realized how many paper towels I went through until I made some for myself. I included some small “touch up” ones for when the mess isn’t that big. They are thin and flexible.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December – Gift Wrap
Project Name: Mushroom Bowl Cozy
Brief Description: See the first picture. The bowl cozy on the left went to a different home. It goes around a bowl to keep from burning your fingers when you put it in the microwave. These things are one of my favorite crafts I have made. I use mine all the time. In the summer they are great for cold bowls of ice cream too.
Project Photo(s): SEE ABOVE

Prompt: December – Tissue Paper
Project Name: Bright Bowl Cozy
Brief Description: Bowl cozies can, and will, be used more than once. This was for another friend.
Project Photo(s):

Team Raking & Entering - I have a couple more to post but I am waiting on the Post Office!

3 Likes

Sorry, forgot to add these! They were from Thanksgiving.

Prompt: Advent – 6 – Cinnamon Broom
Project Name: Caramel Apple Cake
Brief Description: It smelled delicious and the top was browned. It sounded better than it tasted though.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent – 7 -Cornucopia
Project Name: Mac-N-Cheese
Brief Description: I am a notoriously bad cook. The only thing I can make, and I make it amazingly, is mac-n-cheese. I make it once a year and everyone raves and asks for more. I put a bunch of stuff in it like bacon, white pepper, garlic, and about 6 kinds of cheese. It’s so yummy! Definitely a food.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Zap #4
Project Name: Dice bag for Toad
Brief Description: My littlest has developed an interest in Magic The Gathering and so we got him some dice and counters for his stocking this year. We happened to have a little drawstring bag so I added an MTG logo to it.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: December - Bows
Project Name: Santa Sloth hoop
Project Link: Santa Sloth is Coming to Town!
Brief Description: I made another hoop for myself. This is made up of tiny stitches that sit on top of aida cloth.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December - Tissue Paper
Project Name: Gingerbread Man Tray
Project Link: Gingerbread Man Tray
Brief Description: I made this try for my mom for Christmas. It will be used as a cookie tray. I just need to get food grade wax to coat it with, but that will have to wait until after Christmas. I burned the outlines, then used watered down paint to paint it.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Turkey Dinner
Project Name: Another polar bear
Project Link: More Polar Bear Fun!
Brief Description: I made a third polar bear in this pattern. I love it so much!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Awww, that sloth is so cute!!!

2 Likes

And the final day of the Fall advent! :slight_smile:

fwa-12

Christmas tree - Craft something that is green, that is spiky, that uses water, that lights up, has a star, that is a gift, or anything! Because presents are surprises and anything could be in the box!

2 Likes

Prompt: December - Bows
Project Name: Cape, Boots & Mittens
Project Link: Cold Weather Outfit for Ruby the Red panda
Brief Description: I made Ruby the Red Panda a winter outfit of a cape, boots, and mittens. The cape alone had 10 small pieces to it.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

I want a human sized version of that cape! So cute!

2 Likes

So freakin’ adorable! I absolutely love it!

3 Likes

Prompt: Advent - Holly Wreath
Project Name: Lion clock pyrography
Project Link: Lion clock pyrography
Brief Description: I burned this for my dad for xmas. It’s round :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Edited to add updated photo

Prompt: Big Time
Project Name: seagull biscornu
Project Link:
Brief Description: Do you ever see a pattern and even though you have no use for it or no one in mind to give it to, you just have to make it? I’m not sure why this pattern called to me so much, but I love it. I hate seagulls IRL, but these ones are so cute!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

That lion is… WOW! what a beautiful job!

And the cape is truly adorable. I want one, too! Capes for everyone!!! Lol

1 Like