CLOSED: Nerd Games - Fall 2020

@appledainty That’s beautiful! I love the different shades of blue that you used. The light blue inside the flowers looks so delicate.

1 Like

That turned out so pretty!

1 Like

Prompt: ZAP #1
Team: Up to Snow Good :snowflake::snowman_with_snow:
Project Name: star anise sketch
Project Links:
Description: quick drawtober sketch for ‘spice’
Photo:
sa4E27B

3 Likes

Finally have some things made and some time to post so I will join team…

Up to Snow Good!

Prompt: October – Simile
Team: Up to Snow Good
Project Name and Link: Christmas Cupcake Snowman Cat Ornament
Brief Description: This is a cat that is like a snowman that is like a cupcake!
Project Photo:

20201005_200652980×2016 631 KB

Prompt: October – Hyperbole
Team: Up to Snow Good
Project Name and Link: Notorious RBG ornament
Brief Description: Well, Ruth Bader Ginsberg by definition is greatly exaggerated…but only in the best way! That’s part of what makes her notorious! :slight_smile:
Project Photo:

20201004_165919980×2016 612 KB

5 Likes

Advent #2 is up! :slight_smile:

fwa-2

corn maze - Craft something that is yellow, confusing, fun, tall, or is useful when cold

2 Likes

Prompt: October - Neologism
Team: Gingerbread Mayhem :cookie: :partying_face:
Project Name: Count ATC
Project Link: The Count and Potions Shop ATCs
Brief Description: ATCs are still really new to me. This is only the fourth one I’ve made. But I’m definitely getting to really like them! I still find drawing more intimidating than cutting felt, but I’m trying to push myself! This was for @megwell in the ongoing ATC swap.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October Battle - Dictionary
Team: Gingerbread Mayhem :cookie: :partying_face:
Project Name: Cat Christmas ornament
Project Link: My first Christmas ornaments of 2020
Brief Description: I made this one for @endymion in the Ongoing Ornament Swap (which is SOOOO fun btw, with signups open all month and easy crafting time - only commit to one ornament at a time, so whatever you feel up to - JOIN US! XD). I went pretty literal with the theme of cat Christmas ornament - pretty much the dictionary definition!
Project Photo(s):

I have five more small things already finished that I’d like to post, but am waiting for them to reach swap partners. I hope to have a lot more small items this season! (I’m also very close to done with another big thing!)

6 Likes

Yes, the ornament swap is SO MUCH FUN!! Please come play! Also, I am very envious of that atc!

3 Likes

It’s mine, ha ha ha.

4 Likes

@roler - I love the Count, and you did a nice job drawing him. I love the numbers background too.
The cat ornament is great, the bell is very clever :cat:

2 Likes

Prompt: October – Simile
Team: Raking & Entering
Project Name and Link: Green Woven Cuff Bracelet
Brief Description: I wove a green bracelet that is similar to weaving a scarf, so I’m going to put this into the simile category. :slight_smile:
Project Photos:

Detail shot of colors.

7 Likes

@Bluebird – Cute drawing. Best of luck with Drawtober!

@Lynx – What a combo. I love that it is detachable! Your RGB ornament is fantastic. I love the pom-pom detailing.

@roler – Girl! You need to ATC more often!! I love the Count! I find it funny that you are finding ATC’s while I am discovering felt. LOL! I have a couple of your cats that you sent me as magnets. They are so amazing and adorable. The Christmas one is so festive!

@Kwality570 - Oh my goodnesss! @Kwality570 in the Nerd Games!!! Heck Yeah!!! I’m guessing this is what happens when you have a friend who won’t shut up about them. Hahaha! Love the woven bracelet. That color of bright green is my favorite! And looks, we are on the same team! Another Partner in Crime. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Welcome to the insanity! Er… I mean games! :grin:

That bracelet is so pretty! I love the colors. I’d love to get a small loom and learn to weave. I’ve seen some bead patterns I want to try.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m going to try to be more active here as I make some Christmas gifts and items for swaps, but we’ll see. I’m never good at this sort of thing, but like she said, @gozer has been encouraging me to join up for years and play along. It’s about time!

4 Likes

We’re glad to have you – in the Games and, more specifically, on Team R&E! :trident:

1 Like

Prompt: October - Simile
Team: Raking and Entering
Project Name: Purple Sloth
Project Link: Purple Sloth
Brief Description: I made this sloth for ragingsloth in a personal swap. It is like the one I made for @Storerboughtcreation in the stuffie swap.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Awww, the purple sloth is so cuuuuute! @gozer

And @Kwality570!!! Yassssssss!
Your cuff is a beautiful start!

2 Likes

Seriously adorable. I love it!

2 Likes

Prompt: Neologism (October)
Team: Raking and Entering
Project Name: Follow Your Heart
Project Link: Follow Your Heart 4x6
Brief Description: This was my first time making a 4x6 piece.
Project Photo(s): Photo by the recipient, Lynx2Lancer.
20201007_161232

6 Likes

Prompt: October - Malapropism
Team: Raking & Entering!
Project Name: Cat in the rain drawing
Project Link: Cat in the rain
Brief Description: I drew this for the 4x6 art swap. It’s a cat in the rain and cats don’t normally like rain, so it’s kind of out of place under an umbrella.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: October - Malapropisms
Project Name: misheard song lyric
Project Links:
Description: misheard song lyrics are slightly wrong! (is supposed to be wind it all around, not wine!) (spice girls - wannabe)
Photo:
1020wiaracfm

Prompt: October - Neologism
Project Name: blathers
Project Links:
Description: I do not play Animal Crossing so Blathers the owl was a completely new character to me. :slight_smile:
Photo:
1020acbacfr

5 Likes