CLOSED: Nerd Games - Fall 2020

Prompt: October – Simile
Team: Raking & Entering
Project Name and Link: Green Woven Cuff Bracelet
Brief Description: I wove a green bracelet that is similar to weaving a scarf, so I’m going to put this into the simile category. :slight_smile:
Project Photos:

Detail shot of colors.

7 Likes

@Bluebird – Cute drawing. Best of luck with Drawtober!

@Lynx – What a combo. I love that it is detachable! Your RGB ornament is fantastic. I love the pom-pom detailing.

@roler – Girl! You need to ATC more often!! I love the Count! I find it funny that you are finding ATC’s while I am discovering felt. LOL! I have a couple of your cats that you sent me as magnets. They are so amazing and adorable. The Christmas one is so festive!

@Kwality570 - Oh my goodnesss! @Kwality570 in the Nerd Games!!! Heck Yeah!!! I’m guessing this is what happens when you have a friend who won’t shut up about them. Hahaha! Love the woven bracelet. That color of bright green is my favorite! And looks, we are on the same team! Another Partner in Crime. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Welcome to the insanity! Er… I mean games! :grin:

That bracelet is so pretty! I love the colors. I’d love to get a small loom and learn to weave. I’ve seen some bead patterns I want to try.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m going to try to be more active here as I make some Christmas gifts and items for swaps, but we’ll see. I’m never good at this sort of thing, but like she said, @gozer has been encouraging me to join up for years and play along. It’s about time!

4 Likes

We’re glad to have you – in the Games and, more specifically, on Team R&E! :trident:

1 Like

Prompt: October - Simile
Team: Raking and Entering
Project Name: Purple Sloth
Project Link: Purple Sloth
Brief Description: I made this sloth for ragingsloth in a personal swap. It is like the one I made for @Storerboughtcreation in the stuffie swap.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Awww, the purple sloth is so cuuuuute! @gozer

And @Kwality570!!! Yassssssss!
Your cuff is a beautiful start!

2 Likes

Seriously adorable. I love it!

2 Likes

Prompt: Neologism (October)
Project Name: Follow Your Heart
Project Link: Follow Your Heart 4x6
Brief Description: This was my first time making a 4x6 piece.
Project Photo(s): Photo by the recipient, Lynx2Lancer.
20201007_161232

6 Likes

Prompt: October - Malapropism
Team: Raking & Entering!
Project Name: Cat in the rain drawing
Project Link: Cat in the rain
Brief Description: I drew this for the 4x6 art swap. It’s a cat in the rain and cats don’t normally like rain, so it’s kind of out of place under an umbrella.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: October - Malapropisms
Team: Up to Snow Good :snowflake::snowman_with_snow:
Project Name: misheard song lyric
Project Links:
Description: misheard song lyrics are slightly wrong! (is supposed to be wind it all around, not wine!) (spice girls - wannabe)
Photo:
1020wiaracfm

Prompt: October - Neologism
Project Name: blathers
Project Links:
Description: I do not play Animal Crossing so Blathers the owl was a completely new character to me. :slight_smile:
Photo:
1020acbacfr

5 Likes

Prompt: Advent - corn maze
Project Name: red riding hood
Project Links:
Description: I bet red riding hood’s cloak is useful when its cold outside! Plus trees are tall… :slight_smile:
Photo:
1020lrrhfthe

5 Likes

Project Name: HK bowl cozy
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made a bunch of bowl cozies for SBC but PrincessHobo kind of got left out in the cold. I happened to have some HK fabric that was gifted by a kind fellow crafter for a different project (but so much was donated that this fabric didn’t get used). Anyway, it was more than enough to make this cozy. It’s a simile because it’s like the other bowl cozies I made. :wink:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Hyperbole
Project Name: Vampire’s lair
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for Queen Hobo in the OTT swap. In miniatures, the size of everyday items is, well, Miniature. In this particular Altoid tin, the minis are exaggeratedly tiny. (Does this makes sense? :thinking:)
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Neologism
Project Name: Mini sofa
Project Link:
Brief Description: This is part of a project for a swap. I have never made a miniature sofa before and it was trickier than I expected.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

PrincessHobo could have totally used any of the four you made me. It was the bratty two year old that told her she couldn’t :joy:

She absolutely loves her HK bowl cozy though, so thank you for making it for her. I got told off by the bratty two year old for using my favorite bowl cozy that she thinks she has claimed for herself. I love toddlers. Life is never dull with them around :hearts:

3 Likes

I totally get that- but sometimes toddlers can be a handful and I figured the less conflict the better, plus I have a bit of a soft spot for PrincessHobo. So… :heart:

2 Likes

Advent #3! :jack_o_lantern:

fwa-3

pumpkins - Craft something that is orange, has a face, has seeds, that lights up, or something to do with art

3 Likes

Prompt: Advent - pumpkins
Project Name: candle ATC
Project Links:
Description: Candles provide light and its also art! :slight_smile:
Photo:
1020cafbsafdc

4 Likes

Prompt: zap
Team: gingerbread mayhem
Project Name: Snoopy and Woodstock ornament
Project Link:
Brief Description: my mom got me a few ornaments. I love Xmas themed Peanuts items.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: zap
Team: gingerbread mayhem
Project Name: Charlie Brown ornament
Project Link:
Brief Description: the other ornament she got me
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Team: Gingerbread Mayhem :cookie: :partying_face:
Project Name: Owl ornament
Project Link: My first Christmas ornaments of 2020
Brief Description: This owl ornament is a lot like other owl ornaments and magnets I’ve made in the past, except this time I made it more explicitly Christmassy with the holly fabric! I made it for @AuFish in the Ongoing Ornament Swap, which is still going on and accepting new players!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Fallen Leaves
Team: Gingerbread Mayhem :cookie: :partying_face:
Project Name: Potions Shop ATC
Project Link: The Count and Potions Shop ATCs
Brief Description: I made this for @bluebird in the Ongoing ATC swap, for the theme “potions shop.” These bottles look fragile and breakable, but they’re made up of a combination of pen, colored pencil, and crayon drawings, as well as some with cut out bits of aluminum foil, washi tape, origami paper, and fabric. I had so much fun collaging this one together!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: Pumpkins (Advent 3)
Project Name: Art Journal Page
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made this spread during a Zoom journaling session with folks in the Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong. It has a face! That I drew myself! And even looks human! (I have about three drawing skills, so this is kind of a big deal.)
Project Photo(s):
20201010_140955

10 Likes